Author Topic: Vestments of Faith - Rebalance  (Read 15339 times)

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
Re: Vestments of Faith - Rebalance
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2016, 04:20:40 PM »
That was in no way the moral of the story, I think if anything this was

I just think we all wanted more of an open conversation leading up to a change of an item many of us enjoyed and worked hard to get, and maybe the Devs team didnt anticipate this being such a big deal, but it just feels nice to be included in decisions that affect you.

The us v them thing is a problem because that's not how it is. But if people don't feel like their opinion matters and if their dissent is met with condescension discussion can quickly devolve. IIRC, there were similar concerns raised over something a good while back-it may have been when parry was capped, with many of the same responses towards those that didn't like it.

In the end, people did accept the change, I don't think the change was ever as much the issue as the way people felt by not being included and the attitude they were met with for not agreeing with the changes that had been made. I think as a whole we could all try and learn from that as well as this
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 04:29:01 PM by McNastea »
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2016, 04:25:18 PM »
Can you guys name some of the foes that can penetrate DR +3 but not +4?

MJ_Johansson

• Dark Lord
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2016, 04:31:24 PM »
Uh.. I can try? I know the fire salamanders have +3 weapons, I think the curst do aswell?

I've no idea what level of enchantment perfidus enemies have, but its usually the spells that mess you up there not the melee monsters really.

As for sithicus, the enemies there -were- +5 for awhile, then they got nerfed to I.. think +2 or 3? Not sure. They do so much sneak attack damage that soaking it as a normal person is pretty harsh either way, you have to use other tactics there to get by.

I mean, like I said, the cloak was a nice item, but not really relevant to your survival in these places.
"Let love guide you, not fear."

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2016, 04:43:13 PM »
As far as I know there aren't monsters that pierce +4 anymore, there were monsters in Sithicus that pierced +5 back on release for a time, but since they already did so much dmg that was dialed back a bit because stoneskin and the like were really needed. They still don't pierce stoneskin, maybe the spiders (void maybe?) do I can't remember, but I would presume that means they have a +3 attack-as I would assume everything in Sithicus does.

Desert trolls can pierce ethereal visage which is +3 soak, but not stoneskin which is now +4, so they have +3 attacks. Flame salamanders and curst assassins and swordsmen. I would presume that the Anubis disciples have +3 but I've never tried using ethereal visage on them. I've never used ethereal in Perfidus either but given the general trend of things at the higher end of Har'akir starting to have +3 attacks and on I would assume that much of the monsters in Perfidus have +3 attacks, with maybe the lower level demons and devils being off the list.

Are you asking for your own information or wondering if we know, because if you need to know I could find out for certain pretty easily what does and doesn't.
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

DM Cataclysm

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2016, 05:07:56 PM »
Yeah, the big ones are trolls, curst assassins and swordsmen, the noble flame salamanders, and I'm pretty sure pit fiends - although I haven't tested that in a while. I'd question some of the other creatures in Perfidus - I'm also not sure where the creatures in the new addition of Port sewers or the Ghastrian church stand.

One of the things I really liked about having the cloak is that some of these creatures use dispel or greater dispel nonstop. So you at least have a little help from the cloak when the wards are all gone. I've been in situations where I was down to a few HP at the end of a dispel heavy battle and definitely would have fallen if not for the cloak.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2016, 07:33:06 AM »
I'm asking to try to get some factual overview to counterweight the more subjective views on each side of the "fence". :)

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2016, 07:22:55 PM »
After the latest update I can no longer wear Vestments of Faith.  My UMD score has not changed at all.  Has the item been altered again?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:24:27 PM by FinalHeaven »

Night of Reod

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2016, 07:35:01 PM »
I think it now requires a 20 UMD score to wear because the value has been increased. I can wear it with 20 UMD.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2016, 07:41:27 PM »
We rebalanced the gold value of different item properties that were unbalanced (Soren commented on that earlier in this topic); since UMD (and Lore) is based on item value (among other factors), the DC changed.

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2016, 07:44:15 PM »
Interesting.

I guess it's a good thing players can still fix up their builds on their own.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2016, 09:40:29 AM »
I return from my vacation and this happend OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what do i do with my stocks piles of cloaks... my stocks price just CRASHED ! Iam Going to Denmark and Drink all yours Beers Søren !!!

Edit !! ShOOOOoooT .... my UMD no longer enough to even wear one ! What have you DoNE Søren !!!!  :bonk: atleast make EVIL version of it !
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:49:03 AM by Mayvind »