You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: A plea for help - Running CoS and want to do an Homage to PotM  (Read 2435 times)

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
I was a very regular player 2008-12 but RL and losing my NWN disks and licence key pretty much killed me off here.

I am thinking of running WOTC's 5E Curse of Strahd and can think of no better way of starting than how it's done here.

Would it be possible for someone to collect and post/PM me the verbal scripts for the Visitani encounter when new players enter the game?

Hoping I'm not treading on any IP issues here.

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
Re: A plea for help - Running CoS and want to do an Homage to PotM
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 11:38:23 AM »
Is there any need for it to be word for word?

You come out of the mists and see a caravan with a bunch of swarthy people with brightly colored clothing. You hear the sound of music.

You approach the man who seems to be the leader of this group of natives. If you are armed, he says something like, "Do you dare threaten us in our own camp, foolish giorgio?"

Otherwise, he makes some kind of comment about you looking lost. You can ask to show him your furs or see his wares. You can ask about this place.  He warns you about not going around in the night "for your sake" when you start to leave.

Etc.

Sprinkle in giorgio and other Vistani words for flavor.

I don't like to ignore a "plea for help," but this seems like something it is trivial to do for yourself--compared to how much effort running a campaign is going to be :)
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 12:37:13 PM »
Wow thats a name I havent seen in ages. Good seeing your still alive.

Weyland

• Outlander
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 02:19:56 PM »
I was a very regular player 2008-12 but RL and losing my NWN disks and licence key pretty much killed me off here.

https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition

$9.99 includes all expansion packs.

Helaman

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 04:09:48 AM »
Thanks all and I didn't know about the diamond edition/packs! Thanks- I may need to start again as I don't have my licence key but that's ok...

I may well return of o the mists.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:14:38 AM by Helaman »

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Helaman

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 04:13:55 AM »
There's a section on Balok terms etc.

Is there a Visitani list?

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 07:07:07 AM »
https://ravenloft-game.obsidianportal.com/wikis/dictionary-of-common-vistani-words

Not a lot there, but since this is your campaign, you could supplement with Romani, our world equivalent:

http://www2.arnes.si/~eusmith/Romany/
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

Helaman

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 08:16:47 AM »
If I buy the new NWN and get a new licence key is there any chance at all of getting my old characters back?

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 08:19:35 AM »
If you can remember your old account name, yeah. If the characters were moved to the archive, you'll have to contact Soren to get them moved back first, then yeah.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 10:04:38 AM »
We moved them to the archieve, you where around before that. Ask Zarathustra/Soren, and he can move them back.