You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Loot containers missing from dungeons.  (Read 6625 times)

Meridian

Loot containers missing from dungeons.
« on: July 18, 2016, 08:44:46 AM »
Where: Shadow caves, Sullen woods, Alhoon. Maybe elsewhere.

I've found a number of the skeletal remains in the shadow caves and the Sullen woods have gone missing, and some of the
chests from the Alhoon, second floor. I've heard from others the Vallaki sewers are missing a few as well.

I've checked before and after a reset  and they are still missing, I noticed some of the remains that are still there appear in
different locations after a reset. I'm not sure if it was an update to the loot system, but noticed nothing was on the changelog
about it.

Song of Danta

Re: Loot containers missing from dungeons.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 10:09:09 AM »
Same story in the Dementlieu sewers.

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 10:14:50 AM »
I have seen this in Blaustein and the Port sewers as well

Pagliacci

• Undead Slayer
  • Vesti la giubba
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 12:27:58 PM »
I saw this teh other day and didn't realize it but yes. Can confirm also in the V allaki sewers (prime example being near the object skeletal remains that have the blurb about being all chewed up)

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 05:34:30 PM »
If you could point to some place specific (with a screenshot) that would be helpful, thanks!

Meridian

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 06:05:27 PM »
Here are two screenshots of some missing lootable skeletons in the shadow caves.

Normally skeletal remains here, I've highlighted so you can see they aren't hidden
by the dark.
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

There was another area where the body was missing, in the crossroad section but I was unable to get there to
take the screenshot with them casting darkness. All other lootable remains were there.

Song of Danta

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 11:32:49 PM »
The last time I went, the first location that Meridian pointed out had a lootable skeleton. However, none of the others were present.

I've marked the usual loot spots here.

Snarling_Badger

• Gundarakite Rebels
  • Undead Slayer
  • makin' pancakes
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 12:28:23 AM »
I have found a spot where a loot pile that I've seen earlier is not appearing any more. It is in the Dementlieu - Port-a-Lucine - Sewers - Quartier Ouvrier. It is in the spot that my character is standing in the screenshot.

Song of Danta

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 01:46:16 AM »
Are chests still appearing? I forgot to check that.

Snarling_Badger

• Gundarakite Rebels
  • Undead Slayer
  • makin' pancakes
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 03:08:51 AM »
The chest in that same area that I posted a screenshot of is still appearing, yes. Can't speak for others.

Meridian

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 05:58:42 AM »
Are chests still appearing? I forgot to check that.

Me and a few others when in the Alhoon found 2-3 chests weren't there on the second floor, weird thing is
though they seem to change positions, sometimes they are sometimes they're not there. I've noticed the skeletal
remains mainly switch about with what is and isn't there, most of the time I only locate two of the lootable remains.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 09:03:46 AM »
All these you mention are set to only appear a certain percentage of the time, so it's all intentional. It might be though that it wasn't functioning as it should priorly.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 09:44:14 AM »
So.. The various lootables were not supposed to appear almost all the time, as they have been for years?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 09:59:24 AM »
Yeah, some of these place, like the shadow caves and Port sewer has been showing up around the clock for as long as I've played on the server, I think

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2016, 10:07:08 AM »
So.. The various lootables were not supposed to appear almost all the time, as they have been for years?

Well, what do you mean by "almost all the time"? But it could be, not sure when that would have occurred to be honest, did work properly for a very long while too.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 10:26:27 AM »

Well, what do you mean by "almost all the time"? But it could be, not sure when that would have occurred to be honest, did work properly for a very long while too.

Well for as long as I can remember, the locations of the lootables has been always there, more or less, sometimes they'd be empty, but the spot was still there. The loot tables in the sullen woods, and alhoon lair, have always been there since I joined the server. I say 'almost all the time' because I'm sure there are times when perhaps some where not there
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Meridian

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 10:36:18 AM »
I've never not found them there myself, not sure about others though, for the past two years I've always found them in the locations
Danta marked out not missing one, as well as other dungeons, must have been a long persisting problem people thought was the
norm perhaps?.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:41:22 AM by Meridian »

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 11:47:44 AM »
They have been there always for the last three years at least
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 12:07:37 PM »
Well, I'm almost feeling sorry for fixing it then - wasn't my intention! But either way, the current state is how it's meant to be.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 12:15:52 PM »
Ok, so then the various corpses and piles of loot are related to the spawn then? Higher spawn, more things to take loot from?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 01:26:53 PM »
I think it's less to do with the level of spawn and more to do with randomly spawning loot containers-regardless of spawn strength.

Just what I got out of that. It seems till now we've reaped the rewards of more loot than we were intended to receive.

LeviShultz

• Undead Master
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2016, 02:59:51 PM »
This is pure conjecture, but a higher strength spawn with less containers might yield better loot? Concentrate it in a way?

Maybe? idk.

"A no wisdom ranger is literally unwise."

Song of Danta

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 09:28:58 PM »
So, out of 7 loot spots, only 2 might spawn. If this applies to all dungeons, a party could clear an entire high-level dungeon, and only find a very sad amount of loot which won't remotely outweigh spending on supplies and equipment to complete the dungeon, leaving a group of 5 with a miserable share of 200 GP each. Notwithstanding, the majority of low level characters have a hell of a time scraping together 200 coins at all.

It might mean interesting things for the player economy, but I'm wondering if it's a bit imbalanced now. Thoughts?

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2016, 11:33:02 PM »
I think it will give people less incentive to visit some places, sure. As for whether you wind up spending more on resources than you gain in loot is pretty hard to say for certain though. That depends on the party and what natural abilities they have to draw on. With the right spellcasters you won't necessarily use anything that costs you. Also, I've spent over 200k on single trips to Sithicus-not because I thought I'd make it back, but because spending it to accomplish it was worth it to me.

It will change things, how much is hard to say right now.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2016, 03:42:06 AM »
We use statistics to balance our various dungeons toward each other, and we've relied on the randomness in that so it should overall balance toward all other dungeons that use less/no randomness.