Author Topic: Camp fires  (Read 1175 times)

dark_majico

Camp fires
« on: June 22, 2016, 07:08:56 AM »
So as it is the camp fires burn out after a period and you have to re light them. After I saw a rather useless object in a store, some Ashes, I thought what if once the camp fires burn out they are destroyed and ashes get spawned in their place. If you feed the fire before it burns out it resets a timer or something and the fire isn't destroyed. To add to that you can only feed the fire if you have some collected wood (the sort you collect to build a camp fire currently).

Also since it rains a lot in Barovia during spring and summer, could once the rain starts in an area can all camp fires be extinguished? I don't have anything against camp fires but I also had the idea that when you ignite a camp fire can it also check to see if its raining and prevent the fire from being ignited?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 07:18:39 AM by dark_majico »

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
Re: Camp fires
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 03:39:31 PM »
What function would ashes have? Could it be abused and spawn a large number of these items littered about the place? I'm not sure if it adds much value.

Rain impacting on campfires lit and being lit would be an immersive addition though, IMO.

Bells And Whistles

• Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 11:22:09 PM »
Rain impacting on campfires lit and being lit would be an immersive addition though, IMO.

I love this idea

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 06:13:25 AM »
On the topic of fires, it would be nice to have a additional step in the menu to choose what kind of fire is built (the plc used) to allow for the cooking pot, or the roasting spit.