Author Topic: Upcoming DM Events  (Read 22150 times)

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
Upcoming DM Events
« on: June 30, 2008, 05:06:58 AM »
A thread for DMs to inform players, which plots are currently run on the server, how to get involved etc.

Currently I run:

The Curse of von Zeklos

% until plot is ready: 100%
% of plot completed in game: 10%
Recommended Levels: 5-18
Recommended Classes: all
Risk Level: high
What kind of Adventure? investigating the history of an ancient curse
How to get involved? plot is mainly run in the Ezrite faction but others can also join - just pm me
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 02:15:14 PM by DM Macabre »

Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
Re: Upcoming DM Events
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 06:52:36 PM »

"All that I am and all that I have become can be laid at her feet. Had she chosen us over a confounded hollowed belief, we would have been able to share a love seldom found in this world. I will show her no leniency in the nights to come. My judgment shall be swift and final. But still I find the question creeping in the back of my mind: has she forsaken me for all time?"
-Peiter Von Khorvich

% until plot is ready: - 100%
% of plot completed in game: - 100%
Recommended Levels: - all
Recommended Classes: - all, except Paladin*
Alignment: - all, except good*
Risk Level: - Differing consequences can be expected from differing circumstances; risks can range from very low to very high.
Adventure type: - Series of mini-events (and potentially major events) that are shaped by the previous outcomes of events. Variable in scope and depth.
How to get involved: (OOC:) Send DM Nocturne or DM Strigoi a PM expressing your interest and a quick description of your character. (IC:) Find a way to catch the attention of darker individuals.

Synapse:
Undying is a two DM joint-run plotline (DM Nocturne/DM Strigoi) which caters to players who enjoy the darker and dreary gothic romances and conflicts. Most of the intended scenarios will be subtle in nature and less obvious in day-to-day life. Undead rivalry and politics, stealth and combat quests, loyalty and betrayal, mysterious and great powers moving under the veil of Old Night are possibilities. Underworld influences as well as foreign and domestic affairs can mold and shape certain aspects of the setting in the longer term.
*: Though paladins and good aligned PCs are not mainly involved, there may be later situations that call upon champions of good.

DM appreciations:

• Out-of-the-box/out-of-game-mechanic thinking is welcome. 'Winning' mindsets are not.
  • Player acceptance of IC consequences (positive and negative) is highly valued.
  • Mature content is to be expected. Please advise if you are under the age of 18 when you are involved.
  • Characters are rewarded based on roleplay effort and endurance.

Information subject to change.

Season 1 resolved.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 03:40:33 AM by DM Nocturne »

DM Stygian Witch

• Community Council
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • Blahh...
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 02:27:02 PM »
NCE 2014, my participation in this event will be aiding and facilitating a AMPC lead Wererat Gang.

The Theme,

The Sewers of Vallaki are notorious for the wicked dangers that dwell beneath the very feet of civilization. The tunnels have long been the territory of roaming groups of outlaw cultists, womb freaks and gangs of ferocious wererats.  

If your interested and want more back ground information to write up your AMPC application contact me by PM.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:28:55 PM by DM Stygian Witch »
You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis.

Dread

• Developers, Dungeon Masters
  • Community Council
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 07:43:06 PM »
---- Find out in game... :) ----
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:29:37 PM by DM Vengeance »

DM Darkness

• Turn the lights off
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 12:15:00 PM »
Back to its Roots

% until plot is ready: 75%
% of plot completed in game: 0%
Recommended Levels: All
Recommended Classes: Any/Druid
Risk Level: Medium-High
What kind of Adventure? Investigative defending of the forest. Ready your gear and minds. You'll need them both!
How to get involved? Be in Degannwy or in the forested areas. Any character allowed but preferably Elf/Druid.

Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 03:42:20 AM »
Undying S1 concluded.

DM Stygian Witch

• Community Council
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • Blahh...
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 04:58:11 PM »
Three Words.
A story directed towards the occult and the investigation into mysterious esoteric events.

// I am looking for evil wizard types and heroes to oppose them. Yes, "Three Words" is an allusion to a specific Ravenloft module/event.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 10:26:12 AM by DM Stygian Witch »
You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis.

Mephisto

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 09:27:42 AM »
Memories of Darkness

For many years I have toiled in his shadow. He who has cursed us, all of us - poisoned this land with his betrayal and lies.
Many alliances I have been forced to make, with creatures human and otherwise. Every time I have been thwarted in my noble goals. Each time I have suffered for my cause, but I have never wavered!
But tonight is the night of my vindication, for fate has bestowed upon me what I deserve. Tonight, I claim what I have worked so hard to achieve.
Castle Ravenloft is mine. Barovia is mine. It's people are mine.
My name is Countess Lyssa Von Zarovich.
There shall be a brave new future for Barovia's people now free from the tyrant's hand.
From this day forward, Strahd Von Zarovich shall be but a memory...

- Excerpt from the personal journal of Lyssa Von Zarovich

Recommended Classes: Any
Risk Level: Varies
What kind of Adventure?: Mystery, Conspiracy
How to get involved?: Be in Barovia and pay attention to IC developments
Courage is not the absence of fear, but having the ability to face it.

DM Ariadne

• Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 10:04:27 PM »
Eye for an Eye

% until plot is ready: 95%
Levels: 2-10, though slightly higher would not be too terrible.
Classes: All
Alignments: Any.
Risk level: Varies, but towards the lower end of the spectrum.
Adventure type: Mystery, moral dilemmas, monstrosity.
How to get involved: This storyline is designed for low to mid-level characters, and will take place in Barovia. I ask that those wanting to be involved please PM me with their character name, login and timezone. In future, I hope to run larger plots which incorporate more characters, but for my first try, I would like to keep it a little simpler!
"You think that a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a thread, a sheet of glass."

DM Ariadne

• Dark Lord
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 04:03:52 PM »
Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest in getting involved in the plot! Sadly, I could not include everyone who wanted to be involved, due to a number of factors such as party size/composition, level, etc. I have notified those who shall be taking part this time.
"You think that a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a thread, a sheet of glass."

DM Strigoi

• Vampire Extraordinaire
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • i never drink vine...
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 03:00:27 AM »

Memories of Darkness

For many years I have toiled in his shadow. He who has cursed us, all of us - poisoned this land with his betrayal and lies.
Many alliances I have been forced to make, with creatures human and otherwise. Every time I have been thwarted in my noble goals. Each time I have suffered for my cause, but I have never wavered!
But tonight is the night of my vindication, for fate has bestowed upon me what I deserve. Tonight, I claim what I have worked so hard to achieve.
There shall be a brave new future for Barovia's people now free from the tyrant's hand.

% of plot completed in game: 90%
Risk Level: High
How to get involved?: Be in Barovia and pay attention to IC developments, find players heavily involved in the plot

A reminder (and disclaimer) to those getting heavily involved with this plot, that entering Castle Ravenloft is a high risk environment with the possibility of permanent closure. Gears are in motion and the story is coming to a climax, but players may still get involved through those means listed above.  :dracula:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:13:45 AM by DM Strigoi »

Current Plot: Undying

DM Strigoi

• Vampire Extraordinaire
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • i never drink vine...
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 05:39:05 AM »
We will be aiming to kick off the finial event for Memories of Darkness Saturday 16th 6ish pm USA Central time (-6 GMT).

DM Strigoi

• Vampire Extraordinaire
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • i never drink vine...
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 02:16:47 AM »

Memories of Darkness

% of plot completed in game: 100%
How to get involved?: Be in Barovia and pay attention to IC developments, find players heavily involved in the plot

The Plot has come to an end. Thank you everyone who participated throughout the narrative, and to those who were heavily involved in the climax of the story  :clap:

Arawn

• CC, Developers, and
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 07:38:18 PM »

Arise, Arise, True Blood of Gundarak!

Percentage until plot is ready: 70%
Percentage of plot completed in game: 0%
Recommended Levels: 1-8
Recommended Classes: Any; casters must be careful.
What kind of Adventure?: Rebellion, desperate struggle, morality, horror
How to get involved?: Be in Barovia and pay attention to developments; to be immediately involved, make a Gundarakite and/or PM me. Answer the IC call.

THIS PLOT IS ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:43:47 AM by Arawn »
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Arawn

• CC, Developers, and
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2016, 05:54:27 AM »

The Silver Spring
or, Silver in Krofburg

*                                                      “In the winter of BC 771, miners of the Bellegarde Trading Company digging an exploratory shaft near their main mine in the mountains near Krofburg suffered a sudden and unpredictable cave-in. When help arrived, the gleam of the torches revealed a vein of ore shot through with silver streaks—and tinged red with the blood of the miners who had died, crushed beneath tons of rock and ore, to find it.”                                                                                 *                                                                                 
                                                                                                                                                            -Jean-Renaud du Corbier, L’histoire de mes voyages et travaux en Barovie

Percentage until plot is ready: 80%
Percentage of plot completed in game: 0%
Recommended Levels: 1-8
Recommended Classes: Any; casters must be careful.
What kind of Adventure?: Barovian politics, tension and conflict, mercantile power, “Deadwood”, subterfuge, cabals, mystery, “The Rifleman,” outsider roleplay.
How to get involved?: Be in Barovia and pay attention to IC events; spend time in Krofburg; for specific involvement as a Bellegarde agent, Garda, or Burgomaster's agent, send me a PM.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 12:09:37 AM by Arawn »

Arawn

• CC, Developers, and
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
For all players interested in the Silver Spring
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 06:37:09 PM »
I'm pleased to announce that this campaign will begin in the next two weeks. Those who are interested in specific updates regarding Krofburg and the campaign can sign up here, where there will also be specific forums for each faction to use to communicate with each other. Please post in the appropriate thread there.

In the meantime, those interested in being involved should be in and around Krofburg whenever possible over the next two weeks. There will be a few kickoff events in the afternoons and evenings EST, but they will involve spontaneous groups and not crowds. The Krofburg update itself, including new areas, dungeons, quests, and special content for outcast characters and roleplay, will be going in after the first of these events.

Please contact me here or on Discord if you have any questions. I will not reveal details of the new content but I am happy to talk about concepts and themes for new characters in the plot.

Arawn

• CC, Developers, and
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 03:43:03 AM »
To all those interested in the Silver Spring plot: the plot will commence at the Krofburg Fair.

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 11:52:58 PM »
Dead Leaves on a Dirty Ground

Percentage until plot is ready: 95%
Percentage of plot completed in game: 5% (70*%)
Recommended Levels: any
Recommended Classes: any; best fitting for good-doers, druids, rangers, scholars
Risk Level: mid-high
What kind of Adventure?: An adventure of a long span of Forfarian taste, mostly investigative on ancient lore, and some druidic mysteries. Occasional mass fights.
How to be involved: Check for hints about odd ghost and/or plant activities. * some parts of this plot were done in game long ago, they will be resumed or remembered according to the cases of those involved.

History Does Not Exist

Percentage until plot is ready: n/a (dynamic plot)
Percentage of plot completed in game: n/a
Recommended Classes: any, but preferred characters with an interest on Ravenloft lore IC
Risk Level: random
What kind of Adventure?: Mostly static, and conversionally dynamic. Theories and what is known, and what can be found out are the centre of these classes.
How to be involved: Check for news in announcement in forum, keeping this once a week at a regular time.

The Family

Percentage until plot is ready: n/a (dynamic plot)
Percentage of plot completed in game: n/a
Recommended Classes: any but preference to those belonging to a Faction (ML, RVT, Ezra, Wayfarers, Theatre, Gendarmes, Garda, etc)
Risk Level: random
What kind of Adventure?: Intrigue, plot twists, shattered families, hard decisions to make, cunning enemies, possible long travels abroad. Any part of this can happen anywhere.
How to be involved: befriend Ernst Cornell or one of his family.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 11:55:31 PM by DM Tarokka »

Chaos

• Community Council
  • Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2017, 09:15:32 PM »
The Great Unraveling
"This is what the beginning of the end of the world will look like”

On the precipice of the foretold Time of Unparalleled Darkness many who have given stock to Bastion Raines' prophecy have their own understandings and interpretations of how it shall come about and how to prepare for the fast approaching terror that comes. Some whisper there are those who see no reason to wait. Why wait when you could bring it forth immediately?

After all, Ezra will recognize her own when the end comes.

% until plot is ready: 70%
Intended Levels: 5-10
Recommended Classes: Any, casters should be cautious.
Alignment: Good-aligned may have some difficulty.
Risk Level: Medium-High
What kind of Adventure?: Mystery, The Occult, Ezrite and Borcan politics
How to get involved?: Be in or aorund the Vallaki or Wachter areas. Send me a PM with your character name, login, level, timezone, and rough hours you can be on.
"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."

Dread

• Community Council
  • Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2017, 02:49:08 PM »
???

% of plot completed in game: 95%
Levels: All
Risk level: You face opponents who have never known defeat, who laugh in alien tongues at your efforts to survive. This is suicide.
Adventure type: Cosmic horror, mystery, investigation, intrigue
How to get involved: You probably are, already, and don't know it as of yet... but hang around Port-a-Lucine, or shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:15:04 PM by DM Dread »

Dread

• Community Council
  • Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 09:20:50 PM »
Turn of a Friendly Card (with DM Mephisto)

Levels: All
Risk level: Great rewards await, but also great ruin might await those who partake, including but not limited to the closure of the character in question. You have been warned!
Adventure type: Mystery, occult, a game of chance.
How to get involved: Draw.