Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

Gothic Earth Background: CANNOT SPEAK COMMON.

(1/10) > >>

Song of Danta:
I did indeed post this in the wrong section...

When selecting the Gothic Earth (Masque of the Red Death) background, would it be possible to add something along these lines to the confirmation/information dialogue:

'IMPORTANT: CHARACTERS FROM GOTHIC EARTH CANNOT SPEAK THE COMMON LANGUAGE.'

Then, possibly...

'If your character arrived in a domain other than the default (Barovia), they may have learned it (or the local language) there.'

Often, people don't seem aware of this matter, and end up disappointed (not to mention, embarrassed) and quit the character once they find out (usually from a DM). It's awkward to find an excuse if your character has said the mists took them just the other week, and they have been speaking common since then. I've had to very apologetically mention this to around 5-6 players so far, and have also goofed up myself when I first made a GE character. With the NCE coming up in a few days, I think this is a good idea.

herkles:
I would be happy if this rule got removed, its kind of stupid. If it is going to exist, I suggest getting rid of common for everyone.  just my thoughts.

Arawn:
This rule is not going to be removed, and that is a good idea, Danta. It will be implemented.

R.A.M.:
I agree that this is a great idea. When I first played a GE character on here I took on the struggle to learn Common in-game actively and it was an enormous struggle, but quite fun. This helps folk who want to do that as well know that their roleplay is supported but that they have other options if they prefer to skip that step.

Dumas:
It's a hurdle, but not an impossible one. You will find people willing to RP the language barrier, and you will find those willing to teach the Common tongue eventually. Use that high INT and be studious! Gothic Earth... (and our real Earth, haha) has a wonderful history, and it can make for very detailed and interesting characters! Don't let the language barrier discourage you... use it as an RP element!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version