Author Topic: Enchanted Steel Corroded  (Read 4465 times)

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
Enchanted Steel Corroded
« on: March 23, 2016, 10:22:46 AM »
Is this intentional to have Enchanted Crafted Steel Boot or Armor ..Corroded by Oooze or Rust Monsters ? My Enchanted Steel Helmet also got destroyed. I hate EO
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:37:49 AM by Mayvind »

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
Re: Enchanted Steel Corroded
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 10:40:39 AM »
There are some gilding options that protect against corosion

Building out off the mists

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 10:46:17 AM »
yeah but this is old enchanted stuff before gilding, on armor and helmet and boot. Also is Magical Enchanted Item should it be effect by corrosion ? Also the place in the mist desert town or city have zillions of ooze i do not detect it corroded at all till way after the battle.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:48:00 AM by Mayvind »

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 10:57:10 AM »
It is still a metal that can be corroded. the enchanting just makes it. magical. does not make it un breakable or non corrodible.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 11:08:16 AM »
Didn't know stuff other than weapons could be gilded. For how long has that been an option? Also, as far as I know, bronze and gold wards against corrosion, but bronze gilding didn't work for me on weapons and gold gilding was never mentioned in the updates. Maybe it only works on armor/helmets/shields?

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 11:53:01 AM »
Didn't know stuff other than weapons could be gilded. For how long has that been an option? Also, as far as I know, bronze and gold wards against corrosion, but bronze gilding didn't work for me on weapons and gold gilding was never mentioned in the updates. Maybe it only works on armor/helmets/shields?

I do not know if you can guild armor yet until gold comes into play for guilding. and I cannot say much on the actual other guildings accept silver since it has been a year and a half since I've guilded or smithed anything.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 04:19:40 PM »
Is this intentional to have Enchanted Crafted Steel Boot or Armor ..Corroded by Oooze or Rust Monsters ? My Enchanted Steel Helmet also got destroyed. I hate EO

: )

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 05:15:50 PM »
It is still a metal that can be corroded. the enchanting just makes it. magical. does not make it un breakable or non corrodible.
This. Enchanted items are not immune to corrosion unless they are bronze or covered in gold.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 06:11:36 PM »
In that regard, Blue, is it an option to gild currently enchanted items?  If not, those of us that enchanted before this implemented system (which I think is nifty, it leaves us at a severe disadvantage.

I'd rather like to not lose two levels again, being my concern.
Delete Me.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 06:13:28 PM »
In that regard, Blue, is it an option to gild currently enchanted items?  If not, those of us that enchanted before this implemented system (which I think is nifty, it leaves us at a severe disadvantage.

I'd rather like to not lose two levels again, being my concern.

I'd hardly call "continue to operate under the same conditions as you have always operated" a 'severe disadvantage', especially as relates to a handful of monster types in a handful of dungeons.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 06:15:29 PM »
Touche, but I've gone and done a rescue for some lower level players, and had to go stop my five year old from killing my dog, and came back to find a black pudding casually chewing on me.

It's largely player prevention and 'dont be stupid', but I still consider it a disadvantage of notable level if we cant upgrade ourselves without losing weeks of xp (for normal people) or months of xp, for people like myself with limited playtime. 

-----
And unless its been recently modified, there's a certain mist obuilette that is filled with big nasty things that like to eat your stuff, that you cant escape from.   *Squints* 
Delete Me.

Better Dread than Dead

• The Bad Guy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2016, 06:16:24 PM »
Rust monsters can't corrode enchanted steel beams! Wake up, sheeple

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 06:19:25 PM »
Rust monsters can't corrode enchanted steel beams! Wake up, sheeple

I'm just gonna carry a set of bronze armor shield and weapon now for those things.

Totally useful now!!!

Also best joke ever

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 06:23:54 PM »
Touche, but I've gone and done a rescue for some lower level players, and had to go stop my five year old from killing my dog, and came back to find a black pudding casually chewing on me.

It's largely player prevention and 'dont be stupid', but I still consider it a disadvantage of notable level if we cant upgrade ourselves without losing weeks of xp (for normal people) or months of xp, for people like myself with limited playtime. 

-----
And unless its been recently modified, there's a certain mist obuilette that is filled with big nasty things that like to eat your stuff, that you cant escape from.   *Squints*

The mist oubliette was fixed in the last update.

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 06:25:08 PM »
My question is still semi relevant. Are previously enchanted items still gildable? 

Thank you for the information on the mist.
Delete Me.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 06:26:21 PM »
My question is still semi relevant. Are previously enchanted items still gildable? 

Thank you for the information on the mist.

I do not believe so.

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2016, 04:42:23 AM »
What if the items are pre-gilded before enchantment?

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 07:15:47 AM »
It might only apply to a handful of monsters, and you might be operating at normal, but those monsters have very recently had 2 areas with enormous amounts of powerful ones residing within added-which I presume is why the gilding to make items immune to them was added? Partially so anyway.

I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to ask and desire for items enchanted before all that happened to be able to be gilded now. Is it the teams stance that they can't be or just something that hasn't really had much thought put in to it?
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 07:21:48 AM »
This. Enchanted items are not immune to corrosion unless they are bronze or covered in gold.

Some of the most powerful magical artifacts known to exist can be done in by a simple ooze or rust monster

:lol:

(that wasn't sarcasm, by the way-just making a vague reference)
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016, 07:45:06 AM »
It might only apply to a handful of monsters, and you might be operating at normal, but those monsters have very recently had 2 areas with enormous amounts of powerful ones residing within added-which I presume is why the gilding to make items immune to them was added? Partially so anyway.

I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to ask and desire for items enchanted before all that happened to be able to be gilded now. Is it the teams stance that they can't be or just something that hasn't really had much thought put in to it?

Partially, yes. It's a good way to prevent corrosion. We did rework the system recently to add a saving throw for the item and I think enchanted items are now less prone to corrosion than non-magical ones.

As for gilding; the system doesn't support gilding enchanted items. It'd be fairly complicated to rework it for only a handful of items/players. You can try requesting an item remake from a DM, not sure if it'd work but would be your best shot.