Author Topic: Armor Appearance Crafting Locked - Dvergerheim Quakes  (Read 1760 times)

Claymora

• Outlander
Armor Appearance Crafting Locked - Dvergerheim Quakes
« on: January 02, 2016, 11:45:32 PM »
Name: Armor Appearance Crafting Locked - Dvergerheim Quakes.

When: I was altering the appearance of my Steel Chainshirt (Player Crafted Item) and finally one of the tremors caused a knockdown on my PC. The Dialogue for Apperance crafting was exited and I could no longer alter the appearance of the Steel Chainshirt I was altering at the time. I am also unable to drop or transfer the chainshirt from my inventory.

What: Getting Knocked down by Dvergerheim Quakes causes the Dialogue Window whilst Crafting to close, glitching the item.

How to Recreate: Change the appearance of an item in dvergerheim and wait for a knockdown.

My Ideas: I know that logging whilst crafting was a well known way to cause duplicates of items in early nwn online days. I know most servers have fixes in place to prevent it... I assume this is caused by something of the sort.

Below are two links to my Dropbox, with two JPEG screenshots of the armor in question and showing the dialogue window no longer recognising it as craftable whilst equipped.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oiaritom5zeb6uk/ArmorUncraftable2.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqubu27kic86i2h/ArmorUncraftable.jpg?dl=0

Calliope

• Undead Slayer
Re: Armor Appearance Crafting Locked - Dvergerheim Quakes
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 02:12:40 AM »
Either yesterday or the day before, the same series of events happened to me.

It was a suit of full chain steel, made with white stag patches. I was customizing it, got knocked down, and it wouldn't let me craft it anymore.

When I logged out and back in, my character was wearing nothing. The suit had gone poof.

I read a recent response that said DMs won't help with lost crafted gear, so I didn't bother reporting it. I also assumed it was a freak occurrence, but if the tremors are causing lost gear this often, perhaps it's worth tracking down.

Just the bang and the clatter as an angel hits the ground

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 03:28:28 AM »
When I logged out and back in, my character was wearing nothing. The suit had gone poof.
I also assumed it was a freak occurrence, but if the tremors are causing lost gear this often, perhaps it's worth tracking down.

I've had items disappear under the exact same circumstances, a couple times, so I think we can safely say that it's a common enough issue, yeah; definitely not just a freak occurrence.

dazza555

• Undead Master
  • Calibardbarian
    • http://morningstarani.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 11:47:24 AM »
I cant remember how to fix that. But it can be prevented by not switching appearances while your character is prone. You dont hace to close the menu or anything, just wait until your char gets to their feet

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 12:35:44 PM »
While this is looked into, please just don't craft appearance in Dvergeheim if you can be knocked down!
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

BlueWizrobe

• New to the Mists
  • Crazy Motherf**ker named Strahd
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 03:28:27 AM »
Well, there's really no way to know this is a problem until it has happened!   :mrgreen: Of course this thread popped right up when I did a forum search under Dvergeheim.  As I was trying to change the armor appearance, I failed a discipline check and the Craft Item convo bugged out.  I thought maybe it was just the conversation, so I logged, and upon logging back in received a message that I had lost the armor (Iron Full Plate.)  I snapped a screenie of the login message (below) and essentially just duplicated the problem encountered by the OP.  Naturally, I won't do anymore item appearance customization in Dvergeheim, but would it be possible to please have the armor restored?  Thanks much!

EDIT: Don't worry about restoring the item - I've since upgraded.  However, let this serve as a cautionary tale that this is still happening, and don't modify your appearances in Dvergeheim!

http://tinypic.com/r/2920fah/9
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:13:19 PM by BlueWizrobe »
Baern Blackbanner  - Dwarven Door