You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Bleeding out modification suggestion  (Read 7033 times)

SomeoneFromShou

• New to the Mists
  • We must live for something...
Re: Bleeding out modification suggestion
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 11:25:41 PM »
I suppose that if you did something like search someone, you could have it based on a keyword, much like [knock] does to doors. Just a thought. Perhaps with an actual search roll involved.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 11:31:29 PM by SomeoneFromShou »

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2015, 03:45:43 AM »
I'm not really fully sure why the inventory rummaging or dropping all items on death came to the foreground, as the original post suggested that:

Could, perhaps, upon falling, we also drop a item with and on use cure spell along with out weapon and gold? And if not, perhaps enable trading for one bleeding out?

Neither sounds unreasonable to me.

LivingWasteland

• Dark Lord
  • LOOT B4 LUV - TIEFLING LYFE
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2015, 07:35:03 AM »
At least a dev likes my idea :D

dark_majico

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2015, 08:16:29 AM »
I like the idea but taking a few things into consideration, I think it's more beneficial for the players to use systems we already have in place rather than creating new systems and features. We don't have unrestricted free reign to add new features to the game. We have certain engine limitations to work with, the size of the module and resources available within the host environment to factor in, and we have to take unintended consequences into consideration before we introduce anything new, failing to do so could cause damage to the modules reputation and play ability, and unintended consequences can be hard to see ahead of time. Encouraging wider use of the stabilizing and healing items in the game would achieve the same result and require no additional content or work to plan, design, test, and introduce.

Mellybelly

• New to the Mists
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2018, 07:25:18 PM »
With the move to EE and new engine opportunities, I'm going to re-open this can of worms and bring the suggestion back. I personally haven't bled out much in recent months but I still see this as a reasonable thing.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2018, 08:44:00 PM »
Please restate for those of us  who don't want to re-read it all!

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2018, 03:30:03 AM »
So.. I'll try to leave this short and sweet. The situations in which someone does not have healing supplies on them, and the individual who has the healing supplies falls in battle, are not excessively common but the thought has crossed all of our minds at one point or another. It is no different than dropping a 'Lesser Mist Orb' beside your body when you die. A lot of players in Port in the Company of the Fox made it a rule IC to carry your own ressurection equipment in the event that you would die in battle, so we could get you back up and alive.

In the United States Military, in the Marine Corps I believe (I'm not 100% positive on which branch did this) it was required to keep basic supplies in a kit on you for the medic when he got to you. That notion saves a lot of complicated pre-planning, and trading mid-combat or trying to, regardless.

"You can circumvent this issue with forethought and distributing healing supplies, buddy," isn't an adequate response to the suggestion OP posted. It's a tongue-in-cheek response to a suggestion that is both logical, "ICly" possible physically, yet mechanically impossible at the moment. It makes no "IC" sense as of this moment, that you can drop a Lesser Mist Orb to ressurect yourself, but not be able to be searched to grab a healing kit off of your person. Stop it.

There are only two answers in this discussion that hold any merit. 'Yes, that's probably a good idea because we can also drop items by our corpses for the exact same purposes as intended by the Dev team," or, as DM Arawn stated above, "There are just some things that the engine doesn't currently support in a dead state."

Arguing the merits of allowing an item to be dropped or traded willingly in the dead state has nothing to with whether it should be possible, because it is possible when you are corpsed. There is no practical difference between it, only one is significantly more costly than the other.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2018, 04:46:28 PM »
my head just exploded  :shock: