Author Topic: Marksman in Morninglord Outskirt Crypts Level one  (Read 5081 times)

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
Marksman in Morninglord Outskirt Crypts Level one
« on: November 08, 2015, 09:03:02 PM »
The entrance is pretty hard to gauge spawns.  Marksman with 10 ab coming around the corner where they are dubiously appearing is pretty bad, can we reduce the maximum at a spawn on the first level? It was pretty bad and its kind of painful getting wiped on the left side.  That or it there is a happenstance that gives a doublespawn in that particular area.  It's a pretty bad placement and just floods the entryway with spawns.  No one wants to deal with transition ganks. =(
Istavan Donner

julienchab

Re: Marksman in Morninglord Outskirt Crypts Level one
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 09:06:00 PM »
From my experience, marksman on the first level only spawn in the middle room. For marksman to be at the door, that means someone brought them there.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 09:06:28 PM »
The entrance is pretty hard to gauge spawns.  Marksman with 10 ab coming around the corner where they are dubiously appearing is pretty bad, can we reduce the maximum at a spawn on the first level? It was pretty bad and its kind of painful getting wiped on the left side.  That or it there is a happenstance that gives a doublespawn in that particular area.  It's a pretty bad placement and just floods the entryway with spawns.  No one wants to deal with transition ganks. =(

Nothing actually spawns with eyesight on the stairwell, the only time they'll be there is if someone else fled and lured them to the stairs.
: )

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 09:39:21 PM »
From my experience, marksman on the first level only spawn in the middle room. For marksman to be at the door, that means someone brought them there.

I second this, if their was a marksman there, someone must have brought it their. The only marksman I've seen on the first floor spawns in the middle room.

Also, the fact that max spawn is hard is a pretty good thing in my opinion. If max spawn were easy it wouldn't be so fun to hit a max spawn :P
What makes dungeoning fun to me is the challenge, if it's too easy I get bored quickly.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

peps

• Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 09:51:21 PM »
Given that the dungeon is for some reason almost always on max spawn, it gets kind of hard to play a new character during the event, especially when people have settled on a main for the event and moved on, so I somewhat also do wish the max spawn would be decreased a bit.

But yeah, marksman don't spawn near there. They spawn at that corner when you go right.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 11:28:22 PM »
That dungeon, contrary to most people's use of it as, is not meant for fresh out the gate characters. The fact that you get completely murdered in there as one should come as no surprise to you ;)

Also, if it was on lower spawn then higher level players would probably be running through there killing that spawn for knuckles before your lower level self could get a party together to struggle against the risen bones

Anyway I like the dungeon the way it is, if you couldn't tell already  :lol: even when I am on a new character who can't hack it
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 11:38:14 PM »
The body count in the crypts is set on "ludicrous speed".  I love it.

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 01:14:49 AM »
Yeah, its kind of misleading when its like the second or third dungeon encountered.

But yeah, came in from the left entry corner. 2-3 of them with zombies.
Istavan Donner

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 08:47:15 AM »
Shockingly... it seems this NCE more survived the crypts then last one LOL I remember seeing HORDES of bodies behind Liz of all the failed attempts lol I swear... the Crypts during NCE is like a game of Darksouls.. All those bloodstains on the ground. just imagin all the knowledge we can gain from their failures lol

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

booksarefun666

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 10:17:33 AM »
Shockingly... it seems this NCE more survived the crypts then last one LOL I remember seeing HORDES of bodies behind Liz of all the failed attempts lol I swear... the Crypts during NCE is like a game of Darksouls.. All those bloodstains on the ground. just imagin all the knowledge we can gain from their failures lol

"Let me disarm this only trap in the dungeo-- NOOOOOO!"

to

"[You see a guy in a robe with a scythe casting wards on himself and then throwing himself at the front lines.]"

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 01:00:42 PM »

That can be blamed on vote resets and people taking it to the place where bodies are, not survival.  One time I logged to sleep and when I woke up to get IG there was a polite DM to greet me with notifying me there was a swarm of flies with the huge amount of dead people.

Basically teamwork in recovering bodies was slightly more than the teamwork of some level 2 leading people to their quick and sudden deaths.
Istavan Donner

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 01:02:31 PM »

That can be blamed on vote resets and people taking it to the place where bodies are, not survival.  One time I logged to sleep and when I woke up to get IG there was a polite DM to greet me with notifying me there was a swarm of flies with the huge amount of dead people.

Basically teamwork in recovering bodies was slightly more than the teamwork of some level 2 leading people to their quick and sudden deaths.

IT'S TIME FOR A PLEAGUE PEOPLE!!!

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 01:07:04 PM »

Within the last year or two we have had a pestilence plot, so you probably won't see one for some time. We've also had a famine plot, a war plot,
t h e   o n l y    t h i n g   l e f t   i s    a    d e a t h    p l o t.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 01:38:07 PM »

Within the last year or two we have had a pestilence plot, so you probably won't see one for some time. We've also had a famine plot, a war plot,

WOOOO!!!! lol wait... is it a good thing?

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 02:47:45 PM »

Nerull cult was the death plot.

We need a LYCANTHROPE OUTBREAK.
Istavan Donner

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 02:50:11 PM »
I would hardly call that a death plot. There were survivors.

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 02:53:29 PM »
I think a fair compromise of having a lycanthropy death plot is in order, what do you say?
Istavan Donner

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 03:10:50 PM »
No, I'm feeling inspired. Lycanthropy is for the living. It is time for death. The dead shall walk, the dead shall rule, all shall die! But how can I build a plot of this, mmmmmm.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 03:16:42 PM »
Nurell Cult has the same rule as Fight club!!

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 03:18:19 PM »
No, I'm feeling inspired. Lycanthropy is for the living. It is time for death. The dead shall walk, the dead shall rule, all shall die! But how can I build a plot of this, mmmmmm.

I never said the lycanthropes involved were alive to begin with...
Istavan Donner

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 03:19:21 PM »
Kinda need lycanthropes alive... ot send out a lycanthrope outbreak...

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2015, 03:22:15 PM »
Kinda need lycanthropes alive... ot send out a lycanthrope outbreak...

Not if its an unholy disease that turns something straight into an undead lycanthrope.

Nasty stuff, I tell ya.
Istavan Donner

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2015, 03:25:34 PM »
What about using other monsters besides lycans and undead?

Worm that walks or the Red Widow(shape-shifiting women that seduce men and then put their baby eggs inside the poor sap), creepy dolls, hags, sea spawn and other sort of horrories?  :twisted:

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2015, 03:41:48 PM »
What about using other monsters besides lycans and undead?

Worm that walks or the Red Widow(shape-shifiting women that seduce men and then put their baby eggs inside the poor sap),  :twisted:

That sounds like some Alien Stuff man... [shudders]

Time_Stomped

• Undead Master
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2015, 04:00:24 PM »
Instead of eggs, how about semi-intelligent weapons that reproduce by stabbing themselves into people?
"Hey nice shiny loot, let's try out its magic ability." *BLOODY SCREAM*
Istavan Donner