Author Topic: Black Puddings  (Read 11134 times)

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
Re: Invsible Rust monsters?
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2015, 08:02:22 PM »
Black puddings actually have a corrosive sheathe on them, but as mentioned in this thread they are bugged. They trigger far more often than once a round, you really can lose a full set of gear in an instant. I've had it happen with certain demons, black puddings, and rust monsters- every monster I've seen with corrosion, so I imagine the corrosion ticks, in general, are broken.

Niffie

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2015, 08:05:46 PM »
Black puddings actually have a corrosive sheathe on them, but as mentioned in this thread they are bugged. They trigger far more often than once a round, you really can lose a full set of gear in an instant. I've had it happen with certain demons, black puddings, and rust monsters- every monster I've seen with corrosion, so I imagine the corrosion ticks, in general, are broken.

I know that black puddings can corrode my items, but it's usually one or two items that get corroded a bit, and that's after having fought several groups. This was a single one, and in the combat log(as you can see on the screenshots) - it was the invisible Rust Monsters that caused the majority of the damage. I have never experienced my entire gear set being dissolved in a matter of seconds like that.
There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 08:08:21 PM »
The black pudding corrosion erroneously appears as "the rust monster's antennae," in the combat log; you can tell by the melee touch attacks the pudding is making. It's all definitely coming from that one pudding, which is beyond broken.

Niffie

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2015, 08:11:25 PM »
I didn't know that. Good to know :)

But yes, those touch attacks all appeared in less time than my three attacks occured. And my character is level 11, so he isn't particularly slow either.
There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.

Niffie

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2015, 08:33:07 PM »
Would it be too much to ask for some sort of refund, or am I forever gonna be stuck naked in the smithy?

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2015, 11:02:43 PM »
Based on your profile pic, I vote for the latter.
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

Niffie

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2015, 12:24:27 AM »
Based on your profile pic, I vote for the latter.

I'm not sure you'd want to see Ashan naked though. He has purposely been wearing both his armor and helm religiously.  ;)

dark_majico

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2015, 12:42:52 PM »
FYI if you come across anything like this in the future you can easily tell that there are no invisible rust monsters because there are no combat logs showing you engaged in combat with them. If you had they would be in orange text along side the black puddings, the yellow text is just text fired from the script, there are no dice rolls so it isn't any sort of combat.

Niffie

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2015, 04:08:55 PM »
FYI if you come across anything like this in the future you can easily tell that there are no invisible rust monsters because there are no combat logs showing you engaged in combat with them. If you had they would be in orange text along side the black puddings, the yellow text is just text fired from the script, there are no dice rolls so it isn't any sort of combat.

Myes, but as this is an old game still riddled with various bugs and server issues that pop here and there, it's not always easy to dinstinguish what has happened and how. But yes, as Qwerty pointed out already; The black puddings has the same message as the actual Rust monsters ^^

That said, the bug is still the amount of touch attacks taking place in the same round. Shouldn't be possible.

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
Re: Black Puddings
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2015, 08:42:18 PM »
This level of spam is clearly a bug. Touch attacks should happen once per round.

Can we have this thread moved to Bug Reports, please?

The puddings (and other monsters) are still firing this far more than once a round. I just witnessed this happen to other people, again. Here is another thread on it, that could probably be merged in.

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2015, 08:51:58 PM »
Merged and moved.

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2016, 06:03:39 AM »
Reviving this thread. This is still a rather prominent issue:

Spoiler: show

This happened once before the screenshot of the combat log begins, and then about 10+ times after the fact. It also managed to corrode enchanted armor, eventually, so I don't know if that's also intended as well. These are the Black Puddings under the Balinoks, and I only noticed this happening with the large ones.

This all also happened in rapid (and I mean rapid) succession. Each touch attack was something like .5 seconds or less apart, until I killed the pudding, it would not stop.
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
Re: Black Puddings and rust monsters
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2016, 07:42:21 AM »
Have anyone noticed whether this has been fixed or repetitive attacks within seconds of black pudding and rust monsters still occur?

Syl

• Dark Power
Re: Black Puddings and rust monsters
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2016, 08:55:52 AM »
Have anyone noticed whether this has been fixed or repetitive attacks within seconds of black pudding and rust monsters still occur?

With the one fight I have had with them, no I didn't notice such.. But I suppose if I remove my armor again and everything else i'll test it out for yeah if no one else has. :)

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Song of Danta

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2016, 10:51:23 AM »
Tested. It looked as though the black pudding 'paused' from melee attacks to perform the touch attack. I didn't get a spam, but I didn't hang around long.