You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Vallaki - Slums - Sanctuary of the Eternal Dawn  (Read 26088 times)

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Vallaki - Slums - Sanctuary of the Eternal Dawn
« on: September 19, 2006, 11:58:50 PM »
...It is said a man wearing black robes often comes offering his sermons as guest speaker- some speak of judgement and holy book of wisdom words filled with hope- the talented public speaker adresses the small crowds...

...It is said wealthy entrepreneur Armand LeBarthe has been seen giving public speech about education and relieving the hunger many Vallaki families suffer- Large donations followed his speech in front of those attending...

..It is said that often times a mysterious cloaked woman collects the donations, mouthing paesants attending the ceremonies have their doubts...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:53:35 AM by Bastellus »

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Dawn - Slums - Gossips
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 04:22:56 PM »
...The devastating news of the recent murders in the church have the locals paranoid- mouthing peasants have begun to avoid the facility- which was assaulted by some crazy outlander or beast...

DarkWyvern

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 06:56:36 PM »
A young woman with hair like molten lava, dressed in robes of rose, red and gold was seen entering the establishment. She later exited the building with another, carrying a body to the cemetary. She was seen giving the man a proper burial before returning to the sanctuary. Those who enter it find the once bloodied floors now emaculately clean

Truth

• Dark Lord
    • Myspace!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 04:38:22 AM »
The few faithful practionioners of the Morninglord's faith located in Vallaki, speak of how Father Celurion cast out a demon afflicting a man.  The gossip is quiet and discreet, as the topics of demons is not often appreciated by most.
THE NATION THAT MAKES A GREAT DISTINCTION BETWEEN ITS SCHOLARS AND ITS WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS. -THUCYDIDES

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 06:40:22 AM »
Dragrin overhearing much of these whispers during her patrols of helping the needy grimaces. She mumbles about to many dying and corruption occuring lately. She bends down helping a child care of his cat. She continues on a way then overhears about the excorism. A pained look crosses her face and she glances at her tattoo. Aftr helping several locals with daily routines she returns to the church to pray.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Dawn (Shelter) - Slums - Gossips
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 04:09:06 PM »
This is a rumor that is common knowledge to anyone who chooses to hearr it from the shady man in character.

The shady man says:
"I heard a whisper about a group of 'witches' that went into the new Vallakian Shelter house inside the slums and attacked everyone inside, for reasons unknown. Five holy symbols were stolen, The priests were killed (though Ilie was raised by Zachea), and a little girl was also dragged inside and murdered where the altar once was.

It should be noted that there were no casualties reported among the guards that arrived at the scene, the band of witches made chase and escaped. One Gentleman was apprehended and a noble, reportedly. He had committed no crime and was released shortly after.

Later it was reported and made public that the group of witches headed along Slavich Road to the west and exited the city though no one knows for what purpose.

A few hours passed in the night and the cold air carried the sounds of screams followed by a blast of negative energy. There is a rumor that these "Icons of Damnation" were destroyed. Let it be known that there were two individuals, a man and a woman, who were completely obliterated without a trace. May the Morninglord see that their souls rest in peace.

Another individual "Escaped the scene" (yet there is no explanation to what this means exactly) The only name actually discernable from the whispers and rumors was "Soth".

The exact location of the incident is specifically the bandit crypts at the narrow passage."

Rumors mention of wealthy entrepreneur Armand LeBarthe as being deeply affected by these obscene crimes commited against the shelter. Blankets, and monetary support followed to the establishment, wrapped around warm words of hopes and promesses that those commiting the foul acts will be found and given proper punishment.

Crule

• Undead Master
  • Pain in the Ass
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 09:51:05 PM »
It was overheard by some in the Lady's Rest of a red-robed friar speaking of the crimes in the slums.

"This is exactly what I've been talking about.   It is written in the sacred scriptures to judge a tree by the fruit it produces.  And what fruit is that?   A lich in the basement of the one temple.  The other temple the site of foul and obscene witchery, allowing random people to preach lunacy from the ambo - and now this latest event - brutality and murders.   When will the madness cease?

It is death that is the fruit of their apostasy of their leaders.   And as soon as the faithful demand solid preaching and strong leadership from their elders, the sooner they will fall back under the good graces of the Dawn Bringer.   I shall pray for their conversion - and I shall pray more for the repose of the souls who were lost on that tragic day."

DarkWyvern

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 10:38:22 PM »
[Peasants mumble at the rantings of the man in the red robes. Some confused by his outburst of a temple in the slums]

<Peasant Woman> Temple? Its meant to be a shelter home for the poor and homeless, Its not some cult house as this outlander is screaming about

<Young boy> Why, just the other day a group of those cultists gave our family a whole lotta food cause the owner of the shelter told em to

<beggar> Gave me food too they did, but that old man has let me stay upstairs for some days now, been a while since i've had a warm bed to sleep in... with real sheets!

[Others whisper about the lack of protection the guards offer in their district, due to the nobles demanding more attention]

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 06:46:59 PM »
Melanie runs into the church seemingly quite frightened, between her gasping and uncoherent mumbling, Father Illie hears something about a fake priestest dressed in the Morninglord's robes. "A monster!!" Screamed out Melanie as they offered her a glass of water that she refused vehemently.

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

DarkWyvern

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 08:13:03 PM »
[What appears to be Mrs. Ostevik is seen screaming through the streets, covered in blood. She runs for the Sanctuary, calling for Ilie, screaming of murderers and a small girl in white and gold who did it. Rumors spread as she makes her way into the sanctuary, of this girl having ungodly speed and overwhelming strength to kill a man in a single strike]

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 10:38:48 PM »
A small case scroll sealed with wax is found one evening on the shelter's altars located with a small bag of coins totalling 150. To any that might read to scroll on its outside casing a smaller letter in common reads.

May the messages inside here be delivered to those intended and not read to any other. And though the donation small may whatever it can do be used properly.

Inside the case is found several sealed letters witha  simple dot of wax

==To Dallium Merrymead==

To the one close to my heart even now, may you forgive me for what I have become and have done. If you would care to might you seek me where we shared an evening quietly, where the sun rising light shone on us both. And a large monster interupted the time we sought in the others arms. Even now dallium I regret what I've done, yet i've been betrayed by so many and left to rot during my darkest hours. You once told me that you'd always be there to help me, yet you weren't. Perhaps if we see each other I shall explain more, and ask the question plaquing me so badly. Why?

==To Garison==

Garison I asked you one night why you helped Julia, yet you wouldnt answer. I know she was doing her job in capturing me. Yet you said with the others that you were only there to talk to me, not harm me. Yet in your actoins you let me suffer and die in that bag. I hated you then for that Garison. But sulking in that cell for a time healed that wound of hate. All i want to know now Garison. Is why did you go back on your word? Why?

==To Aran==

Aran I could imagine your either quite confused, or angry or who know's what by my actions that night so long ago. Still what has been done is done, and my time shall be soon ended. Either by my own hands, Julia's, or the guards. I wished to say that i'm sorry for the words i said, but i can not go back to what I was I suppose we are enemies now in a way. But i want you to know that if the situations were reversed. I'd do all I could to help. Still I suppose after everything there is no redemption for me. Only darkness that i fall ever further into. To end Aran, I've heard some of the work you do to stop the afiled spirt, and to whatever wishes it may bring may your efforts bring you fruit and success.

==To Celuurion Morninglord==

Celurion, you and I havent exactly ever seen eye to eye on things, when I was still with teh clergy I mean. You called me rash, arrogant, self-centered, but i digress. You were right in many ways, I was, and still am. But duty is something we both share in our own ways Celurion, and though a part of me blames my fall to your actions with Carmac. I want you to know that, I do not factor that to what I did. My actions were my own, and should we meet and should our meeting be one where we fight. I shall do all I can to make any pain i cause you as minumal as possible. I only ask that you not be the one to strike me down. That I ask is in another letter to the others. Still if it is by chance it is you that does so. I thank you.

==To Brother Maynard==

Maynard, its been a long time since you and I spoke. A long time since you and i trained together. You gave me so much and I thank you for that truly I do. But I also amd regretful of that training as well. As had i not learned it perhaps that night of my fall would not have happened. I tried my hardest for so long to be as talented as you are. Words and deeds drove me to the light of what I did for the time I was with you all. And even though it may sound odd I wanted to know that you were like a father figure to me. Something that I never truly had. I ask though that should we meet in battle that you allow Dallium to strike me down, as I'm sure you were aware he and i were....close. But if it is your hand that breaks me, i know that it shall be quick, and mercyful. Thank you for everything.

==To Father Zaceha==

Father if you are reading this then I am glad. For it means you received my letter, and I also hope it means the others have as well. I can only imagine that disapointment you felt upon hearing of the murders that I caused. But there is a long story behind what led to it. And I shall try to explain that fall here and now, while i still can. Two years ago when i was still young to the clergy Maynard and I were behind the temple and ran into a powerful vampire, which i'm sure you recall. At the time we thought that was the end. However, sadly it wasnt. He had tainted my mind to his control and used me against the clergy secretly. I tried to tell you tot he limted degree but it seems there was no one that figured it out. It slowly drove me insane in a way, and in desperation i sought help at the asylum, both to get help for myself and to aide a child that is there. Or...least was last i knew. Still the vampire returned, and sought me out breaking what little control i had left in holding back my dark past and anger. I have tried for so long to forget about my former history before the mists, so long to run from it. Yet this vampire brought it back in full corse and stirred my mind to confusion. It was during this that. The events that led to my fall occured. I do not call the clergy my enemy not less they attack those i now dwell with. I mean none of you harm. I just want peace to the darkness that i have fallen to. I'm sorry for any harm that I may have brought from teh guards to you or the others. Please fell free to read this letter as well to those of the clergy. Its no excuse in the end i know. But it seems my mother's evil's are also in this land. And she whispers to me from teh shadows many times. Once i find her and rid myself of her, then i shall seek the clergy out if i survive. And hopefully find the peace i seek.

Lining the edges of each letter are a few tears and a few drops of red blood of some kind.

//OOC to any that these letters are addressed to feel free to respond and DW/holy rage also feel free to chim in. I'd like it if you are possible to do so in replying thanks

Isu

• Undead Master
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 04:47:43 AM »
Eyes from the darkness muster the little halfling, who has heard the Old One's voice. Dreams force her to act the way. Slowly and silently the hooded figure sneaks to the case scroll right after the halfing moved away. Black mists slowly fading around the woman, hiding her from the mortal's eye... A cut with her dagger removes the wax. Dark snake eyes scan the scroll - reading the letters one after another.... After a while and hissings of absolute hate the figure puts the scroll back again. She leaves the yard like a silent wind in the night. Just some broken wax rests can be found to the sharp eyes on the floor near the opened small case scroll lying on the floor...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 04:54:23 AM by Isu »

Isu Sethotep - Word of Set
Eric Leroux - phantom of the sewers
Taran - the good old student
Jeanne Marienne - faith in honor

Aran

• Undead Master
  • Into the storm with teeth bared !
    • vikings rule
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 02:46:40 PM »
a silent reading and a whispered reply

Thy lips might be stained for the time being
but finding the path back to the light of dawn is never too late.
Forgiveness can be found for ones lead astray
thy lips be cleansed little one
dont let them claim you
neither of you

aran

Aran: Deceased......twice
Arakor: the void within that chills the heart
Markos Donarew: the broken husk
Bronk: ADHD
Marg: the silent hand that kills

engelfire

• Dark Power
Re: Sanctuary of the Eternal Dawn (Shelter) - Slums - Gossip
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 06:43:27 AM »
a bearded man wearing a robes of the morninglord has been seen helping homeless at the sanctuary in slums by giving food and clean blankets to keep warm at the chilly nights and days. he says his name is Zarmas and has recently returned from a long journey.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 06:49:54 AM by engelfire »
Vino - Who are you calling fat !?
Hekathn - You make a fine collection of bodyparts nnggghhh...

GoldenProphet

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 05:06:28 PM »
[Talk of a large shipment of meat being brought in spreads throughout the slums. A young woman with a large sack bringing enough meat to feed the poor for days if not weeks]

Catacomb

• One of the Regular People
  • Dark Power
  • Yes, very tired.
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 06:17:09 PM »
A woman, that some might recognise as Marin, has recently started leaving leathers at the Shelter.

The leathers are rather unremarkable, seeming to have been designed for everyday wear rather than combat. While there seems to be a mix as to what leathers were used, wolf and other warmer furs seem to be prevalent. 

Each set has a small "M.E." stitched into the left shoulderblade area in black thread.

sig by Garison

Account: CatacombD

Catacomb

• Dark Power
  • Yes, very tired.
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 03:51:55 AM »
Another donation of fresh leathers and fresh, clean meat is delivered to the shelter by Marin Elsar, and rumors abound that such deliveries are going to become a monthly occurance.

sig by Garison

Truth

• Dark Lord
    • Myspace!
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 05:46:02 PM »
Stopping by to settle into his chambers for the evening.  Celurion learns of these donations casually by chatting with Father Illie.  He leaves word that he would like to meet this kind soul in person, to give proper thanks.
THE NATION THAT MAKES A GREAT DISTINCTION BETWEEN ITS SCHOLARS AND ITS WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS. -THUCYDIDES

Catacomb

• Dark Power
  • Yes, very tired.
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 08:27:09 PM »
The new month comes with no sign of Marin or her leathers at the shelter.

sig by Garison

Doom

• Pain? Pain is like love . . . like compassion! It is a thing only for lesser men.
  • Dark Power
  • What is pain to Doom?
    • Last Stand Legacy Beta
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 03:47:40 PM »
Fresh Lightcarriers arrive from Krezk, with a shipment of new equipment and armor. These new Light Carriers begin taking the local Carriers away for training in private, even the unordained that guard the slums church.

Yertle

• Outlander
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 08:01:09 PM »
[A young Elven woman, who gives her name as Tera, is often seen at nights helping to tend to the poor and the homeless of the city as the church sees fit to let her]

Tera - Tart and Tiny

Limpids

• New to the Mists
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 05:48:19 AM »
A red haired female, easy on the eye and clearly an outlander, is often seen dropping by the shelter early mornings.
With her she brings fresh fruit and flowers from the market, which she leaves for those seeking shelter there. She
usually spends some hours helping out with the daily chores before she takes her leave, though she has also been
seen sitting down with an instrument, harp or violin, playing for those willing to listen and sharing stories from her
home.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 07:29:40 PM »
The various slums dwellers who stop at the charity house during the early morning and evening hours speak of the food seeming to taste far better then it usually does. They also say that to a degree the apperance and serving of the food is like that on par with an inn like the Ladies Rest or The Broken Bell. When a few inquire about who has improved the food the serving carriers simply respond with. "A servant of the Dawn returned to us. And through this servants talents helps prepare your food for the morning and evening meals."

The answer seems to satisfy the people in attendance and the issue is droped. One child though was overheard later remarking about seeing what looked like to him as a pair of children in one of the upstairs room. The issue was soon dropped as far as anyone know their were no children that stayed at the charity house for more then a few hours.

Alithym

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 02:32:40 AM »
::For the past few days, a woman in light carrier armor is seen coming and going from the sanctuary. Her long white hair braided and pinned into a bun, she goes in with a covered dish smelling of Garlic Sauteed beef and fresh cheese, and leaves the building with an empty plate several hours later::

::Those within the shelter see the clergy woman head upstairs bringing Father Bach a meal each morning, and each night before his nightly rest::

DM Shadowspawn

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 11:17:38 PM »
*Father Bach's health seems to be failing regardless of the aid of the clergy woman and others of the faith. Father Ilie has grown extremely concerned for Father Bach's health, it's said he is experiencing severe fevers*