You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Silia's Journal  (Read 2377 times)

The Fox

• New to the Mists
Silia's Journal
« on: September 25, 2015, 03:00:39 PM »
My course of actions in my past has lead me down the wrong path. I see now that helping others and giving attention to those who need it, will be rewarded morally in the end. I wish to atone for what I have done in the past so I shall help any who I come across. I began selling my potions I worked so hard to make, it turns out these people need them more than I do, so I am happy to help take orders.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 09:58:54 PM by The Fox »

The Fox

• New to the Mists
Re: Silia's Journal
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 09:32:04 PM »
10/3

Many nights have I contemplated all of the families lives that I have ruined. The more I think about these things, the more I want it to end. It seems to bring what once was a good mood, to a mood very unnerving to combat, luckily I have found many friends in my travels and they help me more than they can imagine. I spoke only to Ruslan about my past, he is very accepting of the wrongs I have committed and is willing to work with me to change. Though he is a great person, his style of clothing is rather...unique. It was a nice gesture of him to make me a -solid gold- dress, however it is terribly gaudy and gives most who look at it, a headache. I do not dare tell him this or it will break his very strong spirit.

The Fox

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 09:41:49 PM »
10/3

I met a woman named Dorisa a few winters ago, she can be very bossy and pushy, yet, she knows what she is talking about when it comes to combat, though she is a wonderful contribute to my potion wares business. I recently spoke with her after making her a batch of tonics and shortly after, she asked me to come with her on an adventure. I cannot turn down an adventure, especially from someone who knows the land more than I. We gathered a few of her acquaintances then headed for a swamp of which I am unsure of what is was called, it was very muddy with very thick fog. We venture into this area for a few steps, following shortly after, was a hail of arrows heading our direction as we all took our places. In the end, we were victorious and brought back many relics, I would like to do this again soon.

The Fox

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 11:22:36 PM »
10/3

The moon is beautiful and symbolic to me.
You look up in the night sky and see the moon and know that somewhere out there, your family is looking at the same moon.
It connects us in a way that brings our views and thoughts together, to see them as one.
The water that sits calm in the night, calms the soul with its serine majesty, allowing one to have a clear mind.
Look upon the water, the moons reflection paints a crystal clear portrait of what it means to be alive.

~Silia
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 11:29:11 PM by The Fox »

The Fox

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 11:47:41 AM »
10/5

It occurs to me that the city of Vallaki, houses many superstitious people of magics. I heard a rumor that Mr. Rin, who gave his lecture a few nights ago, had used a forbidden magic called Necromancy. I do not understand how that was possible, because I was there and saw no such thing. I hope Mr. Rin will not take offense to those accusations and continue on his path of learning and teaching.

The Fox

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 11:48:33 AM »
10/5

I have, once before, been pulled in to be talked to by the garda, because of my heritage and overall use of magic. I understand they are doing their job and know to only cooperate, even if they had beaten me. It is their upbringing and nobody can change that but themselves. I do not blame Vallaki for doing their job, I only wish I can further help them if they need me.

The Fox

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 01:43:05 PM »
5/16

It has been a while since I wrote. This land makes you forget what is really important and dear to you. One must take time to remember family and the tribes they have come from. I have met more folks who are positive in their own ways as they make light of things despite the situation most of us are all in. I will admit, my first moments in these misty lands, have been very negative, from humans verbally torturing me because I am different, to being physically harmed over suspicion that I am a witch. Overcoming such negativity takes time and effort and I have been lucky to meet the people who stay positive throughout their experiences. I shall continue my path of redemption and will not forget the families I have harmed in the past.

The Fox

• New to the Mists
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 10:13:22 PM »
3/27

It surprises me, that each day passes by, others fight their own battles just as hard as mine. I came across a man who has lost his way in life, constantly searching for his way. In many ways, he is like me but his past has him troubled. It is difficult to help those who are broken by love because it is something I am too afraid to offer. I will be here for the lost souls who need an ear for their voices to be heard.

The Fox

• New to the Mists
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 12:33:01 AM »
12/29

Today, I made a change of plans finally. I went outside for fresh air and decided to stop my studies for a while to walk around. I met a woman who spoke elvish which came to a surprise to me because it is difficult to find around Barovia, who are willing to speak to you openly in the language. We took a walk through the woods around Degannwy where the strong scent of campfire struck out noses. We investigated a campsite close by, only to discover a man sitting by his tent. His scent, his posture...his looks. This was a man I have met before but from where?

We all spoke together for hours, sharing stories and feelings of the land when I discover the woman I met saved this mans life by talking him out of a suicide attempt. I am glad she did, for you see, this man was a friend of mine I met long ago by the name of Zhane. He is a very saddened individual who needs to be surrounded by people to keep his mind at ease. His battles are from within, yet he battles others physically as well. Perhaps I am in over my head by trying to help him but I have much to make up for in my own past.

The Fox

• New to the Mists
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 11:53:49 PM »
1/15

If nature is one way and it is learned, it turns itself around without notice so you will need to relearn it. Nature is explainable yet impossible to grasp with your own knowledge. Your experiences teach you one thing and without warning, another thing happens that you must adjust to. I am slowly finding out that life will be a series of adjustments and new information but I am ready.

Humans are very intriguing creatures, hard to study yet they are everywhere, ready for observation. Their emotion ranges are far wider than I could have imagined along with their actions. I was taught that humans wanted to rid elven kind so they would be the only race to prosper, however, I learned quickly that this was a lie to fuel the war. Humans have made me change my mind about them on more than one occasion, tonight, it was changed yet once more. Humans are not as bad as the elves make them out to be. I hope my future is as bright as the moon is this night.

The Fox

• New to the Mists
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 04:30:03 PM »
1/19

Perhaps it is fate that brings two people together....

I met with a customer of mine from a long time ago, standing around a group of different people, a campfire was lit for warmth in the light misted rain. I did not recognize her at first as she called my name out and I must admit, I felt a bit anxious, hoping to return the compliment, yet the only words I could have spoke were, "Have we met?" She did not seem to mind my forgetfulness however, as we conversed about how well my knowledge of herbalism has progressed.

We became fast friends, learning about each other, our morals, our goals and our willingness to help others. She spoke words I have not heard in a very long time, "Kindred spirits". Determined to relieve the land of its impurities, we sought out a tower in the mountains to rid them of its demonic inhabitants. To my surprise, her combat abilities rose much farther over my expectations, as I helped her from afar. We find ourselves heading down the mountains shortly after that venture, heading towards a supposed vampire lair, where we were to delve deep in its halls and rooms. We survived this as well with little to no issue whatsoever, working together, our spirits as one.

A kindred spirit indeed.