You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Crashing near Krofburg  (Read 2315 times)

LadyInLinen

• New to the Mists
  • newbie is as newbie does
Crashing near Krofburg
« on: August 10, 2015, 12:22:08 AM »
I started making a regular caravan run to krofburg. Almost every single time I've gone through the transition from krofburg into the map  Mt. Ghakis - Near Krofburg I crash to desktop with "Neverwinter Nights has stopped working." It's happened quite a few times, sometimes requiring multiple tries at logging back in before I will finally load back up.

It only seems to happen on that transition.

Ideas?

Master Librarian

• Church of Ezra - Inquisition
  • Undead Master
Re: Crashing near Krofburg
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 12:25:43 AM »
Try lowering all of your graphic settings to their minimal values.
Characters:

Jacques Martel - Erudite Inquisitor
Sigrin Leafare - Warder of Arvoreen

LadyInLinen

• New to the Mists
  • newbie is as newbie does
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 02:20:28 AM »
Tried that. Still crash on transition. ...And just standing, in that map, as it turns out. I was debating on what to do about the cats in the road before crashing again.

Syied

• Undead Slayer
  • Back from the Mists.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 04:15:06 AM »
I wonder if it has anything to do with, or has any parallels with, the notorious tendency for people to crash upon entering... that one estate down the road from the outskirts, over the bridge, through the woods. I forget the name of the place.

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 04:50:05 AM »
I wonder if it has anything to do with, or has any parallels with, the notorious tendency for people to crash upon entering... that one estate down the road from the outskirts, over the bridge, through the woods. I forget the name of the place.
Raduta Keep, which is maybe fixed.

de_reguer

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 07:06:00 AM »
Raduta Keep, which is maybe fixed.

No. I still crash there constantly. I crash there almost as bad as I used to crash right outside Krofburg. The weird thing is the Krofburg one is fixed for me now. I think someone mentioned it had to do with a grass texture or something that was causing all the trouble and turning off or playing around with those settings could fix it.

Tyg3rW01f

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 06:39:32 PM »
crashed last twelve out of 13... on 6-16-18

this REALLY needs to be fixed...
before that, I crashed eight out of five attempts on 6-14-18. ((yes the math is wrong)) I had to use a char LOCATION RESET to get out of a fatal-crash-loop...

on 6-16-18 I have an ox loaded with Stout Heart Ale on Iya Bodensdottir on acct Tyger_Stryke

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 07:06:55 PM »
crashed last twelve out of 13... on 6-16-18

this REALLY needs to be fixed...
before that, I crashed eight out of five attempts on 6-14-18. ((yes the math is wrong)) I had to use a char LOCATION RESET to get out of a fatal-crash-loop...

on 6-16-18 I have an ox loaded with Stout Heart Ale on Iya Bodensdottir on acct Tyger_Stryke

Can you follow the steps outlined here?
http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=48694.0

It will help debug if it's related.