Author Topic: Unofficial Funky Armor/Clothing in Customizer Official Thread  (Read 3237 times)

Syied

• Undead Slayer
  • Back from the Mists.
So, we've all come across items in the clothing/armor customizer that are just funky, perhaps bugged, or simply do not function. Robes that clip improperly, textures that won't show up... robes that clip improperly. Some can be fixed, some can't. Actually, I have no idea if any of them can be fixed, but if you've ever thought, "Man, I wish I could document this so that it could be looked into by authority figures," then I present to you the UNOFFICIAL NOT STAFF-ENDORSED-OR-SPONSORED official complain about customization bugs thread.

1. Find something wonky or otherwise not right in customization. You'll know it when you see it.

2. Take a screenshot highlighting the problem or, if that is impossible, describe the problem.

3. Get ids and conversation pathways (eg robes; armor>arms>left) so we know where to look right away.

4. Suggest a fix!

If you're not doing at least 3/4 of those, you're failing us!

Seriously, this isn't official or staff-sponsored, I'm just being silly... but if this thread actually becomes useful/thriving, then it wouldn't be bad to have one sticky on the Aesthetics board.

ps. Manage your image dimensions or put them in spoilers.

Syied

• Undead Slayer
  • Back from the Mists.
Re: Unofficial Funky Armor/Clothing in Customizer Official Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 06:07:55 AM »
1. We have a pair of really lovely robes/dresses/tunics that would be perfect except that the pelvis always clips through the buttocks in idle position.

3. This item can be found in robes, IDs 59 and 60.

4. Not sure what can be done by our staff. This robe is actually new to me and has been recently introduced as far as I can tell. Ideally the pelvis should be isolated out/invisible when wearing this robe. Not sure how that's done for other robes (even vanilla ones), but if it's as simple as telling the program "do not render pelvis when wearing this robe," then that might be applicable.

Syied

• Undead Slayer
  • Back from the Mists.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 06:12:29 AM »
By the way, there... there -will- be lots of aesthetic issues with clothing where there's some minor clipping and it doesn't really break your immersion or can be worked around somehow. When filling out criteria #1, consider if the issue makes an item totally unviable or significantly aesthetically intrusive to ever wear. OR if the proposed fix is very easy even if the intrusion is minor/borderline. The ratio of required effort to asset invalidation!

In the above case, the robe could really use a fixing, because no matter what I do (even if I find a well-camoflauged monochrome pelvis to blend in with the robe), I'm gonna have a butt unnaturally jutting out of an otherwise organic tunic/robe, and using anything but the most camoflauged pelvis is just going to look ridiculous.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:19:26 AM by Syied »

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 06:55:28 AM »
Isn't it possible to select no pelvis at all in this case?

Building out off the mists

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 07:47:50 AM »
Isn't it possible to select no pelvis at all in this case?

Thats a belt add on if I am correct though I could be wrong the more I stare at it and think.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 07:57:11 AM »
No it's a pelvis piece. There are such ones for the legs and feet too, same with the arms.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

tomwell1

• New to the Mists
  • Hero of Mordent
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 09:59:42 AM »
Blue Right shoulder pads

Just this. This has been the bane of my fashion existance.
Armor>arms>Right Shoulder>186
No clue.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:02:39 AM by tomwell1 »
Rayne Mirna - Silver Warden Tempuran

You know, look, you're a ghost, you're a vampire, you're french, figure it out, pick one.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 10:56:33 AM »
I don't have a screen shot of it but i'm sure someone with a female model will post it... Its a pelvis and its the female Kilt... It looks fine standing still but your legs go through it when you run.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero