You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: More Craft Stations Per Location  (Read 2839 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
More Craft Stations Per Location
« on: April 28, 2015, 12:00:09 PM »
Is it possible to get a few more tables put in for herbalism and alchemy at existing locations. And for Herbalism, shrink such down to more of a table top pot. Something kinda more like the Sisters of Compassion has.

The past few times iv done alchemy iv run into other people who arrived after me, and then were left to stand there for 1-2 hours waiting on my to finish. Which tends to make me feel guilty keeping them waiting so long. But there was really no way for me to move any faster then i already was. To keep from wasting peoples time and to help with ooc feelings, would just be nice if there was atleast 2 craft stations per location.

I know some spots do have more like the forge in vallaki has like 3-4, so would be nice for some of the others specially the more used ones to get a little love.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: More Craft Stations Per Location
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 12:01:58 PM »
Can you list specific area names?

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 12:04:47 PM »
Yes, i will get more exact correct map names and add them below as i get them. But generally,

Barovia - Midway Haven - Lower House - Ground Floor: Alchemy
Barovia - Lake Zarovich - Nadezhda's Home: Apothecary
Barovia - Vallaki - Southern Forest - Degannwy - Nant Gaerwyn: Wood Working
Barovia - vallaki Sewers - Abandoned Tunnels - The Drain: Apothecary

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:17:13 AM by Miuo »

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 03:18:40 AM »
Bumpity, got the exact map names. And would still love seeing the herb cauldrons reduced in size to the "Campfire with Pot" option.

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 06:06:17 PM »
On a related note, herbalism might run a little bit faster if you could brew in batches without the risk of losing the entire batch to a bad roll.  When I do leatherworking, you can boil up a batch of 10 patches at a time, and the system rolls 10 individual rolls for you (so you might succeed on some, and fail on others).  However, you can't do that in herbalism (at least not the last time I tried) -- it rolls once, and if you succeed you get all of them, and if you fail, you lose all of them.  This forces a character that is still learning to do each potion one at a time, which is very tedious and time-consuming.  Last I checked, it was the same with smelting too -- all or nothing.

If you could craft in batches with individual rolls, the crafting process would roll along a bit faster, and free up stations a bit quicker.

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 06:42:51 PM »
It is the same for Alchemy, i dont mind it to much if its intended to be time consuming. But it would be amazing if it was like leather working :o

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 03:37:07 AM »
I think that if herbalism allowed you to roll individually for each item it might speed things up and that would be nice, but at the same time, it's a very powerful profession if you level it entirely-and it's already one of the easiest to level. The only problem I really have in terms of batch crafting with the current system is the fact that you have to do varnishes one at a time. It's horribly time consuming, considering you don't even get to batch them 10 at a time with either a fail or success, it's 1 for 1 :(
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

Baium

• New to the Mists
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 07:20:37 PM »
The craft time for the end of Varnish is only 3-4 seconds, and the Body parts to essence is a lot longer but also has the ability to mulitple craft on a single roll like herbalism. I think that was intended. something I'd really like to see, is the ability to buy a "Pack" of the needed crafting container, like a "pack of potion bottles" rather than having to get a mad cramp in my hand from buying, then also finding out that half of them didn't actually buy, even tho they make the sound.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 07:15:54 PM »
Barovia - Vallaki - Southern Forest - Degannwy - Nant Gaerwyn: Wood Working

Will add an extra woodworking station.

Barovia - vallaki Sewers - Abandoned Tunnels - The Drain: Apothecary

Will add an extra herbalist cauldron.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2018, 07:37:21 PM »
Coult we get more alchemy stations added to Midway, got there tonight and there were three people already there, which quickly rose to five with myself and another.

"Barovia - Midway Haven - Lower House - Ground Floor"

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 08:37:01 PM »
Coult we get more alchemy stations added to Midway, got there tonight and there were three people already there, which quickly rose to five with myself and another.

I'll add two extra stations (one of each).

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 08:51:22 PM »

I'll add two extra stations (one of each).

Thankyou