Author Topic: Frivolous and unbalanced items  (Read 39836 times)

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Re: Frivolous and unbalanced items
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2015, 05:26:11 PM »
As I understand it, there isn't any problem at all-I was just clarifying how it worked for others

Am I missing something?
nah you're right.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

dark_majico

« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2015, 03:59:48 PM »
Just noticed that War Fans and Masterwork War Fans have no difference in stats. The normal War Fan is red, however, while the Masterwork is blue. It's the only difference I could spot.
Thanks, I'll fix it.

Bumpety bump bump, the Masterwork War Fan is still mundane, is this coming in a future update or has it slipped through the net?

The Masterwork Warfan is still appearing in stores with no enhancements attached, looks like it slipped through the net :(

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2015, 05:37:42 PM »
The looted ones are also
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2015, 07:43:01 AM »
The mallet item seems rather useless, it is a rather decent nice item except for the fact they do 0 dmg. Some brief googling on medieval and old timey mallets showed that while not the best weapon choice they were all made of a substance that could do the job if needed. Seeing as how we cant weapon focus  the cep weapons and that the item is non magical or has any additions to it. At the very least i think the item should be able to do what ever small amount of damage it can if someone decides to make use of it.

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2015, 01:44:54 PM »
The mallet isn't intended as a weapon, it's meant for use in a system for spiking doors open/closed and for grappling hooks, but the work on that system was delayed.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2015, 01:58:59 PM »
The mallet isn't intended as a weapon, it's meant for use in a system for spiking doors open/closed and for grappling hooks, but the work on that system was delayed.

Spiking doors.. as in... like... nailing it shut?

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2015, 02:08:22 PM »

Yeah, I came across some door spikes during the nce and held onto them for future use.  Neat item, even if the system isn't in place yet to use them.

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2015, 02:24:38 PM »

Spiking doors.. as in... like... nailing it shut?

Yes, or nailing it open.

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2015, 02:28:13 PM »
It could still be used as a weapon though, setting it to do absolutely no damage at all seems unrealistic. It is as much as saying the wood cutters axe cant be used to harm you because its used for a craft, or the miners pickaxe and so on. It is still a blunt instrument that if held in hand and used to attack someone should be capable of harm.

dark_majico

« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2015, 05:30:46 PM »
It could still be used as a weapon though, setting it to do absolutely no damage at all seems unrealistic. It is as much as saying the wood cutters axe cant be used to harm you because its used for a craft, or the miners pickaxe and so on. It is still a blunt instrument that if held in hand and used to attack someone should be capable of harm.

It won't be though. Blue has spoken.

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2016, 01:28:23 PM »
Not sure if it was already noticed, but the fishing knife at the smithy in the Bazaar in Port, having no particular bonuses (if not a negative one), costs 491 coins.
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2016, 10:10:50 PM »
Warfan, metcurisl, maul, etc these weapons automatically shoud have a +1 atk unseen by stats. This wad done back in vep 2.1 similiar to items that give bonuses due to material. I am not certain if this has changed in later cep. But in my hay day scripting if you look at the items blue print it gives a +1 atk this was an issue when players who possessed +5 atk items were rolling +6. But that was a long time ago in old cep less the items used by the team is just the skin and not the cep blue printes item.
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2017, 10:35:53 AM »
Not sure if it was already noticed, but the fishing knife at the smithy in the Bazaar in Port, having no particular bonuses (if not a negative one), costs 491 coins.

Odd. I'll lower the cost of the knife and change the Extra Damage to Slashing. I'll fix it everywhere the knife is sold/spawns.