You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: [Proclamations from the Count]  (Read 8110 times)

Geiger

[Proclamations from the Count]
« on: December 19, 2014, 04:55:07 AM »
These are the proclamations, decrees, and other such notices of the Count Strahd von Zarovich XI, and those he empowers to speak on his behalf...

Geiger

Re: [Proclamations from the Count]
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 06:05:45 AM »

LET ALL OF BAROVIA AND THOSE WITHIN HER BORDERS NOW HEAR THIS

YOUR MASTER AND RULER

HIS EXCELLENCY COUNT STRAHD VON ZAROVICH XI DOTH PROCLAIM:

That Ivan Wachter, for his usurpation of authority and his commitment of high treason has been executed
and stripped of all given titles and authorities. His illegal occupation of the Municipality of Vallaki is over and one of every ten of
those men who participated in his treason have been sentenced to death.

That Ioan Wachter, is hereby named Burgomaster of Krezk, and inherits all lands and titles of his father, so long as he remains true and loyal.

That Svari Ionelus, is hereby given care of the Municipality of Vallaki and its administration until His Lordship decides upon a new Burgomaster.

That PEACE and LOVE are forever more between the Houses of Ionelus and Wachter, until the end of time!

IN HIS NAME,

VASILI VAN HOLTZ
EMISSARY OF HIS EXCELLENCY
STRAHD VON ZAROVICH XI

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:58:58 AM by DM Treason »

Geiger

[Proclamation]
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 07:41:30 PM »
[This message is posted up all over Barovia and sent to all of its administrator during the night of 15th...]

LET ALL OF BAROVIA AND THOSE WITHIN HER BORDERS NOW HEAR THIS

With heavy heart and many tears I must tell you people that Count Strahd, eleventh of this name, has passed away
in his sleep. With a great purpose and shakey legs I now must assume the regency of this great land I am so unworthy
of as we look over the genealogies of the great von Zarovich family.

For the next three days let there be public mourning but know that upon that third day I shall return to you with your next master.

Long may their reign be!

VASILI VAN HOLTZ
REGENT OF BAROVIA

Geiger

[Proclamation]
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 09:11:39 AM »
[These pamphlets make their way to every city in Barovia and are sung loudly out by criers the realm over...]

LET ALL WHO LOVE BAROVIA AND PEACE IN THE WORLD

BEHOLD THESE WORDS OF YOUR GREAT PROTECTOR AND HONORABLE MONARCH

Hail to you my great and noble people, my people who have suffered for so long under the rule
of petty and disgusting tyrants! Know this, my people, that I, Lyssa am not like my vain and wicked
predecessors. I have always had the the people in my heart in all that I did before, and this shall not change.

I intend to restore this land to greatness, build and reform the terrible and cruel edicts that have over time
strangled our and stagnated our home. This great reformation shall begin with this edict:

From this day forward, I demand of you my people, my Burgomasters, and boyars by the end of this year
to destroy all depictions of my predecessors that have taken the namesake of Strahd for they were all petty,
cruel, and corrupting forces in the land and with my rise we shall never need to dwell on those men for I
will restore what they had destroyed.

From here, I shall release from my services the Chancellor van Holtz whose family have dutifully served all
of the von Zarovich clan since the reign of Barov. He will be given a annual stipend of five thousand wolf
fang and lands in the Balinoks, the other great protector of our our land and people.

I do this because I will need no Chancellors, nor advisors, to do what must be done. I shall bring peace
and love to Barovia with my own hand, with no need for others to do what is my own work.

Bear with my people in these coming days and I shall lead you into an age of prosperity and joy.

PEACE UPON ALL BAROVIA,
COUNTESS LYSSA VON ZAROVICH
PROTECTOR OF ALL BAROVIANS

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 11:45:27 PM »
A PROCLAMATION FROM HER EXCELLENCE, LYSSA, COUNTESS OF BAROVIA

BE IT KNOWN BY ALL SERFS AND SUBJECTS of this Our domain of Barovia, the seventh day of Ianuarie, in the year 771 of the Barovian Calendar, that WE COUNTESS LYSSA VON ZAROVICH hereby ORDER AND DEEM that the town of ZEIDENBURG, in that part of Our domains which was once subject to the despised wretch Duke Nharov Gundar, is no longer under the weak and feeble rule of her servant JACENTY GIRGHIU. This criminal has been imprisoned pending his trial for TREASON and MISRULE in his office as Our vassal. We therefore ANNOUNCE AND PROCLAIM that Our loyal servant AMALIA SZATHMARI is hereby raised to the office of BURGOMISTRESS OF ZEIDENBURG and BOYARINYA OF THE WESTERN PROVINCE.

WE TAKE THIS ACTION not out of CRUELTY or SPITE but out of LOVE for those of Our people who once suffered as SLAVES of the HATED GUNDAR, and believe that by RAISING A BURGOMISTRESS from among THEIR KIND they will finally take THEIR NOBLE PLACE as SUBJECTS and LOYAL SERVANTS of Our throne. Let all of those others who claim the rank of BURGOMASTER and BOYAR render unto our BURGOMISTRESS AMALIA SZATHMARI all AID and SUCCOR that she might require as she ascends her throne and takes up her new responsibilities as OUR SERVANT and REPRESENTATIVE in the western parts of Our domain.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 09:56:38 AM »

BE IT KNOWN BY ALL SERFS AND SUBJECTS of this Our domain of Barovia, the twelfth day of Ianuarie, in the year 771 of the Barovian Calendar, that WE COUNTESS LYSSA VON ZAROVICH hereby ORDER AND DEEM in all of our DOMINIONS AND TERRITORIES so that all our BURGOMASTERS and BOYARS might TAKE HEED and OBEY:

THAT THOSE SNEAKING AND SLY TIGANS also known by their claimed title THE VISTANI will NO LONGER ENJOY THE PROTECTIONS or SAFEGUARDS of OUR LAW OR OUR JUSTICE. Their THIEVERY and DARK VRAJA will now receive the CONSEQUENCES and POPULAR DISDAIN it so RICHLY DESERVES.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:58:13 AM by DM Arawn »

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 11:51:50 AM »

BE IT KNOWN BY ALL SERFS AND SUBJECTS of this Our domain of Barovia, the twentieth day of Ianuarie, in the year 771 of the Barovian Calendar, that WE COUNTESS LYSSA VON ZAROVICH hereby ORDER AND DEEM in all of our DOMINIONS AND TERRITORIES so that all our BURGOMASTERS and BOYARS might TAKE HEED and OBEY:

THAT THE TRADING COMPANY KNOWN AS THE BORITSI TRADERS who have so long been DENIED THE RIGHT TO FAIRLY TRADE IN OUR DOMAINS will HEREBY BE GRANTED THE SAME RIGHTS and PERMISSIONS of the RED VARDO TRADERS. This COMPETITION will show both of these COMPANIES that they must furnish their VERY BEST GOODS and CHARGE THEIR LOWEST PRICES so that ALL THOSE IN OUR DOMAINS OF BAROVIA who AVAIL THEMSELVES of their GOODS AND SERVICES will PROSPER.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:47:21 PM by DM Arawn »

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 06:29:55 PM »

BE IT KNOWN BY ALL SERFS AND SUBJECTS of this Our domain of Barovia, the twenty-ninth day of Ianuarie, in the year 771 of the Barovian Calendar, that WE COUNTESS LYSSA VON ZAROVICH hereby ORDER AND DEEM in all of our DOMINIONS AND TERRITORIES so that all our BURGOMASTERS and BOYARS might TAKE HEED and OBEY:

THAT THE NAME OF THE HATED ONE, STRAHD VON ZAROVICH, once holder and master of OUR DOMAIN OF BAROVIA but from whom OUR RULE is DELIVERANCE, will henceforth BE FORGOTTEN and IGNORED upon PAIN OF DEATH. Any who SPEAK HIS NAME or WRITE IT UPON PARCHMENT OR PAPER will receive the SENTENCE and PUNISHMENT THEY DESERVE: DEATH.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:47:38 PM by DM Arawn »

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 01:46:39 PM »

BE IT KNOWN BY ALL SERFS AND SUBJECTS of this Our domain of Barovia, the fourth day of Februarie, in the year 771 of the Barovian Calendar, that WE COUNTESS LYSSA VON ZAROVICH hereby ORDER AND DEEM in all of our DOMINIONS AND TERRITORIES so that all our BURGOMASTERS and BOYARS might TAKE HEED and OBEY:

THAT IN TRIBUTE AND SUBMISSION TO US, COUNTESS LYSSA VON ZAROVICH, now undisputed and absolute RULER OF THE DOMAIN OF BAROVIA, to show your, my subjects', LOVE and ADORATION, all female infants born in this country will henceforth be obliged TO BEAR THE NAME of LYSSA. Any INFANTS OF OTHER NAME DISCOVERED will be PUT TO DEATH or EXPOSED IN THE COLD for failing to show PROPER RESPECT to us, your GRACIOUS AND NOBLE COUNTESS.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:48:52 PM by DM Arawn »

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 10:47:55 PM »

BE IT KNOWN BY ALL SERFS AND SUBJECTS of this Our domain of Barovia, the thirteenth day of Februarie, in the year 771 of the Barovian Calendar, that WE COUNTESS LYSSA VON ZAROVICH hereby ORDER AND DEEM in all of our DOMINIONS AND TERRITORIES so that all our BURGOMASTERS and BOYARS might TAKE HEED and OBEY:

THAT AS TESTAMENT TO THE GLORY OF US, COUNTESS LYSSA VON ZAROVICH, SOVEREIGN COUNTESS of the DOMAIN OF BAROVIA, and to further excise the HATED MEMORY and LINGERING STAIN of that DETESTED and DESPISED former ruler known only as THE HATED ONE, and that OUR GLORIOUS CITADEL bears the name of the WHORE who GAVE BIRTH TO HIM, We hereby DEEM AND DEMAND that all of our SUBJECTS AND SERFS will now refer to the fortress formerly known as CASTLE RAVENLOFT by its new and rightful title: CASTLE LYSSA.

DM Stygian Witch

• Read books, not tablets!
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • I love Vecna more than the Morninglord!
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 12:10:52 AM »

BE IT KNOWN BY ALL SERFS AND SUBJECTS of this Our domain of Barovia, the twenty-first day of Ianuarie, in the year 771 of the Barovian Calendar, that WE COUNTESS LYSSA VON ZAROVICH hereby ORDER AND DEEM in all of our DOMINIONS AND TERRITORIES so that all our BURGOMASTERS and BOYARS might TAKE HEED and OBEY:

THAT THOSE CRIMINAL AND BLACK HEARTED TIGANS also known by their claimed title THE ZAROVAN TRIBE OF TSER’S POOL are hereby and henceforth BANNED AND OUTLAWED. Should any of their ilk be found or discovered within the bounders of fair noble Barovia. A BOUNTY of 500 gold fangs per head shall we rewarded.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 12:16:25 AM by DM Stygian Witch »
You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 05:18:33 PM »
A PROCLAMATION FROM HIS EXCELLENCE, STRAHD XI, COUNT OF BAROVIA

BE IT KNOWN BY ALL SERFS AND SUBJECTS of this Our domain of Barovia, the twenty-sixth day of Aprilie, in the year 771 of the Barovian Calendar, that WE COUNT STRAHD VON ZAROVICH hereby ORDER AND DEEM in all of our DOMINIONS AND TERRITORIES so that all our BURGOMASTERS and BOYARS might TAKE HEED and OBEY:

THAT WITH THE USURPER LYSSA VON ZAROVICH DEFEATED AND DEAD, as befits her TREASON AND TREACHERY, all those who gave her SUCCOR AND SUPPORT will know the justice of the HOUSE VON ZAROVICH. All those WRETCHES AND KNAVES who AIDED and COLLUDED are hereby CONDEMNED TO DEATH BY IMPALEMENT.

FURTHERMORE, the wretches commonly known as the BORITSI TRADERS are hereby EXPELLED FROM BAROVIA and the lives of all of their operatives are FORFEIT for COLLUSION AGAINST HIS EXCELLENCY THE COUNT. THE SAME FATE AWAITS all of those SCUM AND FILTH who would AID AND ABET the CRIMINALS AND HARLOTS who claim to be the rulers of OUR CITY OF ZEIDENBURG.

THE PRICE FOR THE HEADS of ANY WRETCH ON THIS LIST will be TWENTY THOUSAND FANG:

AMALIA SZATHMARI, SO-CALLED BURGOMISTRESS OF ZEIDENBURG AND SO-CALLED BOYARESS OF THE "WESTERN PROVINCE"

IZIDORA SOVANY, SO-CALLED CAPTAIN OF THE ZEIDENBURG GUNDARAKITE RABBLE WHO CLAIM TO BE 'GARDA'

GHEORGHE PUTRESCU, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF DRAGASANI

HORIA CENTEANESCU, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF ISACCEA

PHILIU LUTECHE, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF ORINA

SALIN CORESCU, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF DRAGOMIRESTI

TEODOR BEREN, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF VASCAU

ELIZABETA VASSILOVA, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMISTRESS OF CZEN

IONATAN DIMIR, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF GOVORA

ANTON TAVITIAN, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF OCNELE

COSTEL MOCULESTI, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF MURFATLAR

GAVRIL VULPES, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF NASAUD

TIBERIU PIRVELESCU, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF INTORSURA

LAURENSIU MECHITBECSEYA, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF ZLATNA

IULIEN VLAICU, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF YRESKAYA

ECATERINA STOJOLAN, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMISTRESS OF TICLENI

GEORGINA BERNUTIU, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMISTRESS OF ANTRICA

REMUS ALBU, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF OTELU

VASILESCU ALBESCU, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF JIBOU

RARES URZICA, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF COSTESTI

TEODOSIE HANGANU, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF TARGU

IOSIF VARIAS, COWARD AND FALSE BURGOMASTER OF STEFANESTI

DUMAS THE ROGUE, ALLY OF THE TRAITORESS

VIJAYA THE PRIESTESS, WHORE OF DUMAS

BALALIN GABILBUND, FOR TREASON

CAMELA DRAGOS, FOR TREASON

EILITHAR CAEL'AERA, FOR TREASON

LILLIA GOODMANE, FOR TREASON

MOMOKO  MOCHIZUKI, FOR TREASON

SAMAEL SOWERBERRY, FOR TREASON

TIGAR FERAIN, FOR TREASON

SEDRIK BENTHUR, KNOWN AS HOBS, FOR MYRIAD OFFENSES
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:12:49 PM by Arawn »

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 02:54:13 AM »
LET ALL OF BAROVIA AND THOSE WITHIN HER BORDERS NOW HEAR THESE WORDS OF YOUR MASTER AND RULER

HIS EXCELLENCY COUNT STRAHD VON ZAROVICH XI

As commanded by His Excellency and complied by his honourable subjects, the traitorous cur known as Sedrik and once holding the alias Hobs, has been apprehended and brought to swift and final justice for his crimes against Barovia.  His grievous violence against those entrusted in the service of His Excellency has been avenged and law has prevailed.

Be it known that while his accomplices have yet to be apprehended, they will know no safety or shelter from His Excellency's purview.

Through the actions of Sudhri Noirloin, this treacherous criminal was brought to justice.   

IN HIS NAME,

VASILI VAN HOLTZ
STRAHD VON ZAROVICH XI

DM Indolence

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2023, 08:44:38 PM »
LET ALL OF BAROVIA AND THOSE WITHIN HER BORDERS NOW HEAR THESE WORDS OF YOUR MASTER AND RULER

In accordance with the wishes of His Excellency, be it known that THE PEOPLE OF VALLAKI are to render unto his servants an AUXILIARY TAX of ONE HUNDRED WOLF FANG. No man, woman or child of BAROVIAN BIRTH within the bounds of the municipality will be excused from giving unto their LORD his due upon pain of death.

What hearts beat with TREASON will be stilled.

TALENA VON ZAROVICH
IN THE NAME OF HIS EXCELLENCY

STRAHD VON ZAROVICH XI

« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 12:00:05 PM by DM Indolence »

DM Indolence

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2023, 08:53:20 PM »

In accordance with the wishes of His Excellency, and in light of the ease and plenty that does bless them THE PEOPLE OF VALLAKI are to render unto his servants a SUPPLEMENTARY TAX of THREE HUNDRED WOLF FANG. No man, woman or child of BAROVIAN BIRTH within the bounds of the municipality will be excused from giving unto their LORD his due upon pain of death.

Know those whose efforts has made the Count aware of the prosperity of his subjects:

The Church of the Morning Lord
The Order of the Sacred Rose
The Red Vardo Traders of Vallaki
The Refuge of the Fifth Light
The Wayfarer Kinship
Carmen Albescu of the White Lily
Ophelia Bell the Gravekeeper

Those who would weaken us will have their due at his hand.

TALENA VON ZAROVICH
IN THE NAME OF HIS EXCELLENCY

STRAHD VON ZAROVICH XI

« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 08:55:14 PM by DM Indolence »

DM Indolence

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2023, 09:36:23 PM »

PUBLIC EXECUTION!

By order of his Excellency Strahd von Zarovich XI, Balthazar Eotvos 'the Prince of Curs' is sentenced to death by beheading for perfidious crimes against Barovia, its Master, and his subjects, including: The Ravaging of Berez and Zeidenburg, the Raising of Arms, Murder and Dismemberment of Men, Women, and Children, Insurgency, Sedition, Treason, Smuggling of Firearms and Blackpowder, Devil Worship, and deeds darker still.

This remorseless fiend will be be sent back to the pits of Iadul that spawned him at the hour of dusk, the 30th of September 778 within the Courtyard of the Citadel of Vallaki.

Spoiler: show
Domains: Barovia
Levels: 2-20
Classes: Any
Alignments: Any
Risk Level: Extreme. Potential for consequences up to and including closure, depending on involvement and choices. Bystanders/Observers will (probably) be unaffected.
Themes: MORTAL COMBAT, Execution, Freedom(?)
How to Get Involved: Event will be held in public. Be present. Outcasts in particular will need to be discreet, conceal their features, and mind their manners, or else may be killed or driven off by the Garda.
% until plot is ready: 100%
% of plot completed in game: 50%

TIME/COUNTDOWN: Countdown, Date: 30 September 2023

//Postponed due to IRL circumstances.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 01:19:09 PM by DM Indolence »

DM Indolence

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2023, 02:28:54 PM »
Spoiler: show

PUBLIC EXECUTION!

By order of his Excellency Strahd von Zarovich XI, Balthazar Eotvos 'the Prince of Curs' is sentenced to death by beheading for perfidious crimes against Barovia, its Master, and his subjects, including: The Ravaging of Berez and Zeidenburg, the Raising of Arms, Murder and Dismemberment of Men, Women, and Children, Insurgency, Sedition, Treason, Smuggling of Firearms and Blackpowder, Devil Worship, and deeds darker still.

This remorseless fiend will be be sent back to the pits of Iadul that spawned him at the hour of dusk, the 30th of September 778 within the Courtyard of the Citadel of Vallaki.

[spoiler]
Domains: Barovia
Levels: 2-20
Classes: Any
Alignments: Any
Risk Level: Extreme. Potential for consequences up to and including closure, depending on involvement and choices. Bystanders/Observers will (probably) be unaffected.
Themes: MORTAL COMBAT, Execution, Freedom(?)
How to Get Involved: Event will be held in public. Be present. Outcasts in particular will need to be discreet, conceal their features, and mind their manners, or else may be killed or driven off by the Garda.
% until plot is ready: 100%
% of plot completed in game: 50%

TIME/COUNTDOWN: Countdown, Date: 30 September 2023

//Trying again for tomorrow: https://a.chronus.eu/1AF8326

DM Sinister

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2024, 03:25:35 PM »

As commanded by His Excellency, the bounty on Naexalim the PALE FEY, has been removed. His banishment revoked. They are granted, by the grace of his Excellency, freedom to once more move within Barovia. While their bounty and banishment are removed should they fall victim to temptation to break the laws of Barovia again, then this mercy will be revoked.

IN HIS NAME,

VASILI VAN HOLTZ
STRAHD VON ZAROVICH XI