Author Topic: Animations --- a choice?  (Read 1846 times)

functor

• Outlander
Animations --- a choice?
« on: November 18, 2014, 05:37:43 PM »
Hello,

I hope I am not creating a clone of any sort with that question.

There is a mod which brings some diversity to the fighting styles, http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/alternate-combat-animations-pack-acp-v40. Would it be possible to implement something like this ACP mod here, probably as an optional download?

My own motivation for it comes from the fact that it also allows, as a byproduct, to change female character walking animations (I personally find the original ones to be too cliché and unrealistic).

Thanks and all the best!

Super Sugar

• Undead Master
Re: Animations --- a choice?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 05:43:30 PM »
AFAIK, you just need to add these to your local overrides folder, right?
* Super Sugar goes to test

Super Sugar

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 05:45:33 PM »
Ah!  More to it than that, it seems:

Override:

ACP v4 is OVERRIDE-FRIENDLY.  This means that you can the .hak files into your override and play your modules with ACPv4.  ACP v4 uses the crafting conversation to allow players easy access to the combat styles.  Simply activate the crafting conversation and you will be provided with additional options to change fighting styles.  If your module already uses a custom crafting conversation, you will need to add the convseration nodes from my file to the choices in your custom conversation.

functor

• Outlander
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 05:48:30 PM »
Ah!  More to it than that, it seems:

Override:

ACP v4 is OVERRIDE-FRIENDLY.  This means that you can the .hak files into your override and play your modules with ACPv4.  ACP v4 uses the crafting conversation to allow players easy access to the combat styles.  Simply activate the crafting conversation and you will be provided with additional options to change fighting styles.  If your module already uses a custom crafting conversation, you will need to add the convseration nodes from my file to the choices in your custom conversation.

Yes, exactly. I have it in the Original Campaign of NWN, for example, because of the craft override for local games (which I downloaded from somewhere I can't remember).

Theorem Of Neutrality

• Undead Master
  • It Do
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 02:49:49 AM »
These won't work in multiplayer unless the module intentionally has them added. Also, a large chunk of them don't work properly with cloaks and another host of small issues. It's a great override, just hasn't been updated in years and years.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:51:34 AM by Theorem Of Neutrality »
Zivon de'Scusa - The Core's best Doctor Doom cosplayer since 752.

functor

• Outlander
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 07:42:07 AM »
These won't work in multiplayer unless the module intentionally has them added. Also, a large chunk of them don't work properly with cloaks and another host of small issues. It's a great override, just hasn't been updated in years and years.

So wasn't the game, after all :). In effect, with CEP we already have a large chunk of content which does not work well (e.g. clothing/armour models for large phenotype characters), but that is not a showstopper. The peculiarity here, anyway, is that this ACP thing is still an override, thus some people might choose to stay off it and see no effects, positive or negative whatsoever.

The actual bugs of ACP I am aware so far are the 1) The last worn cloak always reappears when changing anything else, like armour, even if it's not equipped 2) Some robes (e.g. the coats of 1.69) are not compatible.