Author Topic: Dumitru Miklos - The Turn of the Tide  (Read 1285 times)

Troukk

• Dark Power
Dumitru Miklos - The Turn of the Tide
« on: October 16, 2013, 10:42:51 AM »
Prelude

Not all priests are meant to be preachers. Not that I didn't like it, it's just that I didn't have the talent for it.

When the training began, my superiors quickly realized that my mission was of another nature. Now, as I drive a wooden stake through this vrolok's heart, they are proven right.

Shepherds, healers and bureocrats. All of them have something in common: They stand in the light. Their purpose is to shield every soul under our Lord's gift, where the darkness can't harm them. They are, without a doubt, the most important part of our church. They are the best of us. The purest hearts and the kindest souls.

There are times, however, when a pure heart won’t be enough. What is strength in times of peace, can prove to be weakness in times of war.

As darkness overwhelms the land, the good will have to wake from their doze. Brave souls will rise, step out of the comfort of the light, and fight the old night where it is strongest. I write this journal because their story deserves to be told.

The turn of the tide begins today.

- Dawnbringer Dumitru Miklos.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 08:42:53 AM by Troukk »
Not all who wander are lost.

Troukk

• Dark Power
The Turn of the Tide
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 08:56:31 AM »
October 17, 768

Arrived to Vallaki a few days ago. The situation is even worse than the reports suggested.

The Sanctuary of the Coming Dawn has become some sort of haven for outcasts and wombfreaks. Vicar Ciobotaru has managed to keep it running despite the difficulties. He is a good man, and I can't think of someone better for the job.

The lightcarriers have reported the presence of two vroloks. Both young and reckless, now seems the perfect time to end their cursed existence. However, I know I cannot do it alone. My old crossbow is no match for the weakest of them.

Not everything is grim though. There are brave souls out there willing to join the good fight. It will be my duty to find and rally them before it's too late.

- Dawnbringer Dumitru Miklos.

Troukk

• Dark Power
Dumitru Miklos - The Turn of the Tide
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 09:00:19 AM »
April 27, 772

Years have passed since I last opened this journal to write in it. I guess it is pride what prevented me from touching it again. This was supposed to be the story of our victory.

Am I trying to fool myself?

I guess I am.

The church has grown, yet the stalemate remains. Not an inch of the frontline has been moved.

There is no victory to record. Only sacrifices from brothers and sisters more noble than me.

Will I be brave enough to be as they were?

I don't know. I am afraid. I don't want to die.

Troukk

• Dark Power
Re: Dumitru Miklos - The Turn of the Tide
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 12:07:08 PM »
April 28, 772

// Placeholder until development of IC events //

Troukk

• Dark Power
Re: Dumitru Miklos - The Turn of the Tide
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 08:59:08 AM »