Author Topic: Mist Camp Feedback  (Read 2722 times)

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
Mist Camp Feedback
« on: April 01, 2013, 06:46:36 PM »
Hey, so far the Mist Camp's pretty nice.  However, what I find troubling is the inability of the Vistani Healer to raise the dead.  Is there a lore reason for this?  If not, I think it would be great to have a healer there.  Accessable to outcasts, and everyone else.

And for those of you who are in that strange "outcasts are outcasts for a reason, so let's make the gaming experience as unpleasant as possible" crowd, you have to pay just to get to Mist Camp.  So, the unfortunate caliban would have to run all the way there just to raise a comrade with the current raising system.  Not to mention it'd lessen the burden on those who have ill-fated dungeon runs that go awry due to the constant lag deaths.

Dread

• Dark Power
Re: Mist Camp Feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 07:04:55 PM »
As far as I'm aware, there are healers that can raise the dead in every domain save Perfidus (if you go to Perfidus without at least some mist orbs, you've already goofed in a major way). Do we really need a cleric that can perform raises in the Mist Camp? I suppose it might be nice to have around, but I would hardly call it a high-priority item for devs.

Kaspar

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 07:08:54 PM »
As far as I'm aware, there are healers that can raise the dead in every domain save Perfidus (if you go to Perfidus without at least some mist orbs, you've already goofed in a major way). Do we really need a cleric that can perform raises in the Mist Camp? I suppose it might be nice to have around, but I would hardly call it a high-priority item for devs.

It makes more sense then carting dead bodies to different domains, but there's probably a good reason why the Devs didn't add it in initially. I just don't know what that reason is.

This would be useful for Har'akir because the temple is closed during the night so most dead bodies end up being taken to Dementlieu shelters or VoB ML temple as opposed to waiting it out.

Apocrypha

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 07:15:40 PM »
Players that can raise dead are often there... Heck, my Sentinel is happy to do the deed and evangelize the Eternal Order some while doing it.

With that said, a Vatraska Vistani might make mundane healing services available (and at a nice marked up fee), but I'm to understand that the Vistani at large are not very inclined toward religion and the clerical traditions/rituals that raise the dead per se.

If they do choose gods you're looking at Ezrites (who only heal their own unless they're 2nd sect) and Halites, but I don't remember whether they should technically be raising the dead anyway.  One Halite I remember said they will only help you if you're on death's door... Not sure.  I think I'll go read about that actually. :)
Banned Indefinitely.

Valiant_Destiny

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 01:50:04 PM »
A Halan would assist someone that was dying if needed, though they would not just do so out in the open in the mist camp.  They would probably want a secretive location, and even then it would be imperative that someone even know they had the capability of such feats and ask for assistance.   In no way would there be a Halan NPC just hanging around the mist camp ready to raise people for fee or otherwise.

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 10:32:06 PM »
I dont know if anyone else feels this way but moving the sign in the Mist camp that reads the rules away from in front of the tree would be more eye pleasing. Like off to the side or placed in front of the visitors Tent

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 11:23:43 PM »
I dont know if anyone else feels this way but moving the sign in the Mist camp that reads the rules away from in front of the tree would be more eye pleasing. Like off to the side or placed in front of the visitors Tent

I don't know, it seems an appropriate place, one of the first things you'd see arriving.  It's also entertaining watching people try to find a way to stand in front of the tree like everyone always did in the outskirts. 

Sage - When stories come to life

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 11:30:34 PM »

I don't know, it seems an appropriate place, one of the first things you'd see arriving.  It's also entertaining watching people try to find a way to stand in front of the tree like everyone always did in the outskirts. 

Brooding tree.

Rapugnak

• New to the Mists
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2021, 11:02:47 AM »
would love to see wood working and metal working added to crafter area or a new tent that has those

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2021, 11:05:37 AM »
would love to see wood working and metal working added to crafter area or a new tent that has those

Necro!

Rapugnak

• New to the Mists
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2022, 07:19:53 AM »

Necro!
? Necro

Swan

• Undead Slayer
  • 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓.
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2022, 08:29:28 AM »

Necro!
? Necro
Necro is a term used to let someone know when they've responded to a thread that has been dead for a time. This thread is almost 8 years old.