Author Topic: Facebook Embedding?  (Read 1329 times)

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
Facebook Embedding?
« on: March 26, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »
Can we embed videos from facebook on the forum?
If so, how does one go about it?

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Re: Facebook Embedding?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 05:56:49 PM »
It would require a modification to the forum's code to work, and someone to actually make that code. I honestly don't know if someone has done a SMF mod package for Facebook videos, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't one. Check out the SimpleMachines site.

But my experience with video embedding codes are hit-and-miss. The only one I've ever been able to install that worked is the YouTube one we have.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Mark Johansen

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 04:10:27 AM »
It would require a modification to the forum's code to work, and someone to actually make that code. I honestly don't know if someone has done a SMF mod package for Facebook videos, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't one. Check out the SimpleMachines site.

But my experience with video embedding codes are hit-and-miss. The only one I've ever been able to install that worked is the YouTube one we have.

fast search for SMF link

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 02:20:13 AM »
Might want to pay some mind to whether it's a maintained modding. I'm not sure if this is the case for Facebook, but many websites supporting videos and video streaming have a habit of changing their code every now and then in a manner that breaks 3rd party embedding, downloading and streaming scripts.

In general, though, Facebook does go to some lengths to ensure their site gets maximum amount of useful info through it... ;)