You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: "BANNED!" - or is it a technical issue?  (Read 1380 times)

Feronius

• Dark Power
"BANNED!" - or is it a technical issue?
« on: September 07, 2012, 04:46:53 PM »
I've been AFK from the game for only a short while, roughly a few weeks at most, due to moving places, etc.
Upon returning to the game I get the message that I have been "BANNED!" when trying to connect to the server.
It doesn't appear to be related to the game itself or CD-keys, since I can still connect to other servers.

If I have been purposely banned, which seems very unlikely as I was absent from the game, could I please be informed why?
It may also be related to one of the following things:

• Moving places? Different internet provider, connection and IP?
  • Having reinstalled the game? Old gamefiles were screwed over and no longer worked properly.
  • Someone else hijacked and abused my account? Seems like a long shot, I do use the @setpass on at least my active characters.

If it isn't any of the above scenarios, then I'm completly clueless as to why I can no longer enter the server. Any help would be appreciated.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Re: "BANNED!" - or is it a technical issue?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 05:32:46 PM »
We'll need your public CDKey to figure out what's going on. Follow the instructions here: http://lore.layonara.com/PublicCDKey (ignore the part about linking your account to their website) and PM me with your key. We'll then check that against any CDKeys we've recently banned.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Feronius

• Dark Power
Re: "BANNED!" - or is it a technical issue?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 06:25:46 PM »
Ah, I managed to fix it! It was a GOG.com-related issue, the site where I got this version of the game.
They supply you with a generic CD key at first, which you have to manually replace with a multiplayer compatible key later supplied through the mail, which I coincedentally stumbled upon.

Thanks for the swift reply though. Much appreciated.