Author Topic: GOG.com and being banned from multiplayer  (Read 9304 times)

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
GOG.com and being banned from multiplayer
« on: June 27, 2012, 12:45:44 AM »
If you have recently purchased NWN Diamond from www.gog.com you may notice that any time you try to join a multiplayer game, you will get a ban message. This is because the digital copy from gog.com comes with a generic, non-unique CDKey. You need to request a multiplayer CDKey from gog.com, which you can do here:

http://www.gog.com/en/support/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition/online_play_in_neverwinter_nights_diamond/

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

DrunkJedi

• New to the Mists
Re: GOG.com and being banned from multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 06:47:21 AM »
Had this problem last night,

Thanks for the info!

Talek

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 02:26:28 PM »
Had this problem last night,

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for searching the forums :)

bloodandsoil

• Undead Slayer
    • TWAJ
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 09:19:08 AM »
I just re-purchased this game from gog.com and requested my multiplayer key.  I'm still waiting after a couple days.  Has anyone done this recently?  I hope they are still giving out keys...
Can hardly wait to play again!

HELL TAKES THE HINDMOST

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 09:59:12 AM »
They do still give them out. A friend of mine just joined the server. It took like two days or so. I'd check your junk mail folder
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

gainreduction

• Cool Dungeon Bro
  • Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 07:36:15 AM »
They do still give them out. A friend of mine just joined the server. It took like two days or so. I'd check your junk mail folder

Yep! +1

CartDA94

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 01:38:42 PM »
What do I do when the gog support said "it has been assigned to ticket number _________

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 01:40:43 PM »
What do I do when the gog support said "it has been assigned to ticket number _________

Wait. You should receive an email at the account you registered with on GoG within a few days. I've seen it take as little as a few hours.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

CartDA94

• New to the Mists
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 01:43:09 PM »
Ok thank you

ZachSmack

• New to the Mists
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 08:48:27 AM »
Hello I recently bought myself and a friend each a copy of NWN using gog.  I played a character up to level 3 without any issues. One day I tried to log on at the same time as my friend, and it said "CD key in use by another player" so I got a unique one from gog, however I forgot the password I used for the character. When I logged in with the new cd key the game told me to input the password I made for my character. Since I couldn't figure out my old password I can no longer play my character, which is a shame because it took quite awhile just to get to the point I was at. (not to mention all the rp I had done on this character with other players) I was wondering if there is anyway at all I can get that character's password reset?

P.S the character I'm talking about is called "Bubba Montgomery" and if you need any more info feel free to pm me on the forums or email me using the email I linked in my profile on this site.

Thank you in advance to anyone who tries to help me with this.
-ZachSmack

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 08:51:18 AM »
Hello I recently bought myself and a friend each a copy of NWN using gog.  I played a character up to level 3 without any issues. One day I tried to log on at the same time as my friend, and it said "CD key in use by another player" so I got a unique one from gog, however I forgot the password I used for the character. When I logged in with the new cd key the game told me to input the password I made for my character. Since I couldn't figure out my old password I can no longer play my character, which is a shame because it took quite awhile just to get to the point I was at. (not to mention all the rp I had done on this character with other players) I was wondering if there is anyway at all I can get that character's password reset?

P.S the character I'm talking about is called "Bubba Montgomery" and if you need any more info feel free to pm me on the forums or email me using the email I linked in my profile on this site.

Thank you in advance to anyone who tries to help me with this.

Hello. All you have to do is contact a DM while online.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

ZachSmack

• New to the Mists
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 08:57:19 AM »
Thank you very much Arawn for helping me out.
-ZachSmack