You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: [Solved?] Returning to PoTM - But can't login?  (Read 1571 times)

R.Tucker

• New to the Mists
[Solved?] Returning to PoTM - But can't login?
« on: March 20, 2012, 09:58:04 AM »
After a long time away from NWN - and PoTM - due to a harddrive that decided to die, I'm trying to return. I miss all the great roleplay and the community.

However, as BioWare was apparently hacked last summer, I could no longer access my old BioWare account and get access to my cd keys again. So, off to GOG.com and buy NWN (again! oh well, it was pretty cheap.), installing, downloading CEP etc.

I've read about the Master Server being down etc., but thought I would give my old account a try anyway, despite the problems with not needing a password.

But whenever I try to log in, it says I'm banned? :/ I even tried "making" a new account and using that - Same result :(

Really hope you can help me out, so I can get playing again!

---
EDIT: I seem to have found the problem on GOG's website. When you buy / download the game from them, you get it with a set of default  CD-keys. After reading this, it's no surprise to me, that you have banned these. I've requested to get some new multiplayer-able CD-keys from them and that should hopefully fix it! :)

So, in large, just disregard this post :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:07:59 AM by RoyTucker »

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
Re: Returning to PoTM - But can't login?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 10:01:35 AM »
The CDKeys you receive from GoG.com are a generic install key that all people who buy the game from them get. You need to go on their website and request a multiplayer CDKey.

R.Tucker

• New to the Mists
Re: Returning to PoTM - But can't login?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 10:06:09 AM »
The CDKeys you receive from GoG.com are a generic install key that all people who buy the game from them get. You need to go on their website and request a multiplayer CDKey.
Yeah. I learned that from a quick search of their website! Guess I should have done that first, before posting here.

But thanks anyway! :)

ZanathKariashi

• New to the Mists
Re: [Solved?] Returning to PoTM - But can't login?
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 08:40:05 PM »
Having a similar issue myself. I was able to log in just fine for several days, including earlier today, but after logging out and doing some errands for several hours I came back and it's suddenly saying my CD key is in use, I'll try again tomorrow and see if the server is just lagging or something, I read that it doesn't clear the cd key properly sometimes, so hopefully that's all it is. And no I don't have a copy from GoG, all my keys are from the original single releases.

Gilad Abrams

• Undead Master
Re: [Solved?] Returning to PoTM - But can't login?
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 02:02:19 AM »
That happens to me every once in a while too. I think that some of
The cd keys in the original release are no longer unquie