You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Recovering Cd keys  (Read 1524 times)

Aduial

• Dark Lord
Recovering Cd keys
« on: November 20, 2011, 03:06:13 PM »
I have a problem with one of the CD keys of the game, it seems i wrote  one of them in the wrong way, sadly i had to format my PC lately and i can t recover them by reading the file nwn.ini, i tried to recover it trought the Database of the Bioware but it seems the server is down or not more avaiable, someone can link me the correct database or another solution ?

Thanks

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
Re: Recovering Cd keys
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 03:36:40 PM »
one or all 3?

there might be a solution IF you are lucky.

now if the cd key thats written wrong is the one thats registered ingame thus the server, then you can contact soren with detailed info so that its truly you  and by that they can give you the cd key you played with by looking for your IP adress.

....not as clear as i hoped the explenation would be but i hope you get the train of thought.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Winter83

• Dark Lord
  • 100% Ranger
    • The hunter's query
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 05:34:58 PM »
Not sure, but since the master server is down for multiplaying, it might not require authentication of valid cd keys, thus a workaround to find a nocd fix / crack.

The Perfect Circle: The Hollow : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 05:51:24 PM »
or if despert go to gog.com rebuy the game, ask for a multiplayer cd key, wait a few days then play again. It may be the only way, I had to do it this way as well.

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 09:26:19 AM »
If you backed up your NWN folder prior to formating, I think there shall be a cdkey.ini file in your NWN folder. Mine has it.

Aduial

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 08:55:44 AM »
Only one of the three Cd keys is incomplete, and no i don t have a backup of the game sadly, thank you for the answers guys , i will try to solve it as soon as possible.