Author Topic: Character Stuck  (Read 1621 times)

Ackermanus

• New to the Mists
Character Stuck
« on: July 18, 2011, 06:01:00 AM »
 Hi and apologies in advance if this is the wrong section for this problem. I also used the search function and found nothing, but if this topic exists, again sorry.

I played Ravenloft a relatively long time ago, but had to leave due to RL issues (you guys in university will know how it is). Now that the holidays started, I'm trying to get back into the server, however, I run across this issue (gonna post it in a form I think makes it easier to address):

Character Name: Werferth Viklan
 Login Name: Gilmh
 Issue: After having left the game for 9- months (not sure about the exact date), I tried relogging with the character Werferth Viklan, a level 8 rogue. Upon entering the server, I found myself in the OOC area (as normal), however, I was unable to move or, in fact, even rest or swap inventory, and the character's dexterity was set to 3. Furthermore, the character's level was reset to 1, but the "level up" image in the portrait was shown. The message log displayed a message about "improper level".
          I tried to contact a DM, but there were likely none online at the time. Therefore, I leveled up the character from 1 to 8 (note: most likely, I did not level him in the exact same way as it was before, as I can't remember the character's build at the time I left). The message log showed something along the lines of "Character Verified Successfuly", yet I was still unable to move, rest or change inventory. Relogging did not help.

And that's about it. Thanks for the help in advance, I'll likely try to pop in with another character to see if the issue remains.

EDIT: Tested with another character and it worked fine. Werferth is still stuck though.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:42:33 AM by Ackermanus »

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
Re: Character Stuck
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 06:16:32 AM »
There was a forced relevel some months ago and this may be the cause. There were also some things to update on your term, not sure if you've checked our "download" section. If I see you in game I will try to help.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:18:12 AM by DM Tarokka »
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Ackermanus

• New to the Mists
Re: Character Stuck
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 06:49:12 AM »
 DM Mephisto was able to help me, character is working fine now. Thank you!