Author Topic: The Eternal Order and death God's...  (Read 3892 times)

Beleth

• New to the Mists
The Eternal Order and death God's...
« on: July 27, 2010, 10:41:15 PM »
Hello, this is my first post on these forums and I have been playing on the server for several days now as Xundrel Morros.

I have been looking for information regarding the Eternal Order and generally come across the same statements in regards to the God's they worship.  That statement is vague and just refers to them as death God's.

Can anyone provide some information as to which death God's would be native to Ravenloft and any information regarding death God's that the Order would worship?

So far I am leaning towards focusing on Nerull as the most information is available regarding this God specifically.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

jugnaut

• Dark Lord
Re: The Eternal Order and death God's...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:43:11 PM »
My understanding is that the Eternal Order doesn't worship a god but rather more generally undeath as an ideal.

Mortimer-uber hin
Istvan Csapek-"hm hm hm"
Erik Draven-Ezra's Anchorite
Kalmah-Ex-Vardo

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 11:07:37 PM »
The Ravenloft campaign setting states that clerics of the Eternal Order "worship a patchwork pantheon of death gods borrowed from other religions."

I don't believe it's ever been more specific than that. I would assume any deity, outlander or native, that is a death god could be a part of that pantheon, but you would have to pick the alighment and domains of the Eternal Order (NE, and Death, Evil, and Knowledge).

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Beleth

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 11:20:17 PM »
Alright that all makes sense.

Besides Nerull are there any death God's that are native to the Ravenloft Domains rather then outside realms?

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 12:08:17 AM »
Yes:

Kali from the Rajian pantheon, Set from the Akiri pantheon, Arawn from the Celtic pantheon, Bane/the Lawgiver, and the Voodan loa known as the Lord of the Dead.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Beleth

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 02:03:20 AM »
Thank you again!

I'm going to do some research now and figure out where to go with my character.

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 03:26:37 AM »
Osiris is a native dead god as well. And probably some sects of the Eternal order also worship Death (either the actual Death or the one that is in Necropolis).

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 04:03:16 AM »
only the Konduktors focus upon death within the Lawgiver church

rabidsmily

• Undead Slayer
  • Picture not related.
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 02:39:22 PM »
I believe Izanami would also be considered a native "death god" as one of her domains is "Death" and she is worshipped in the Rokushima Taiyou island of terror.

Characters: Alavra Srune'Lett, James Finesworth, Prescott Bowley, Grisil, Toshio Ninomiya, Eshen Soldusk, Emilio Shrewtamer, Blago Ashcard, Hoogliuter