Author Topic: Timing out  (Read 2323 times)

Story People

• New to the Mists
Timing out
« on: August 03, 2009, 10:15:06 AM »
Alright, for some strange reason I keep timing out.

Anyone else having this problem?

I -never- have any problems playing on the server, and my internet works just fine.

Also I see some other players frequently logging in and out, so guys, having the same problem?

Rex

• Dark Power
Re: Timing out
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 10:46:51 AM »
Lot of those folks are probably Alt Hoping.  I tend to Time out though, if surrounded by a bunch of Buffed spell casters and or annoying things like the epileptic wererat and shifter effects.  Once in awhile.  Otherwise, Transitions are my Bane, especially Doorways like leaving the ML temple when 10 people insist on having hours of conversations on one side of it and 10 other people charge the transition at the same time I do.

Poor old GF2 just has fits.  :D

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Story People

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 10:58:29 AM »
Yeah, I just found out, it happends only in the temple.  ( Not true, happends everywhere now)

And I have a 8800, so it shouldnt be a problem, lol
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 08:06:58 AM by Story People »

Kendaric

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 02:25:49 PM »
Alright, for some strange reason I keep timing out.

Anyone else having this problem?

I -never- have any problems playing on the server, and my internet works just fine.

Also I see some other players frequently logging in and out, so guys, having the same problem?

I've had it happen a lot today as well, sometimes even several timeouts within a few minutes. It didn't happen in almost all areas I was in (mostly Church of Ezra and various Vallaki districts) regardless of whether other players were in the area at the same time or not.

Rixula

• Undead Slayer
  • The holiness its not in your you fool, its in me!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 04:35:11 PM »
With bad luck, my screen stops for 5 mins...and i will most likely crash, i use windows 98 lol and it still holds its place and it is able to run the game thought a bit...slowish

"Sometimes, when you feel alone it is the time when you are most thought of"

Charon

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 08:11:50 AM »
crashing all the time.. sometimes vista related, sometimes timeout.. think i kind of got used to it.
Only thing that really bothers me is the roll back crashes since I am one of those stupid gits that save all the time but never when there is a roll back crash -.-

edit: okay.. now time-outs are geting more frequent.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 08:15:18 AM by Charon »

Jonathan Schwarz - schwarzzzzzzz
Dong Delxen - Cult of the Morninglord
Grigore Cazacul - Vallaki Garda
Emil Kobori - The 5th sect