You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Port-à-Lucine - Quartier Ouvrier  (Read 67453 times)

Pav

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
Re: Port-à-Lucine - Quartier Ouvrier
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2016, 01:36:29 AM »
[On the 26th of this month, during the early morning hours and throughout the day, a young woman dressed in fine clothing was seen in the Quartier Ouvrier dragging a huge, stuffed burlap sack, leaving baskets laden to the brim with clothing and both fresh and canned food in front of homes. She was joined shortly by two other individuals, the group as a whole seeming rather out of place with the downtrodden quarter. As time passed, near every home in the Ouvrier had a basket filled with goods on its front step.]

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2016, 03:53:13 PM »
Rumors abound of a night filled with screams some recount a situation occurring of a foreigner in drab brown leathers having been attacked by thugs and bullies. A shot was fired from the distance causing the foreigner to retaliate and defend himself. Witnesses from the bar by the gunshop could see from their second story windows the hunter with a bow fending off the fiends with relevant ease till many more joined the frey. To witnesses astonishment a large wolf came charging past gendarmie scaring off nobles to the district where it was seen rescuing and aiding the foreigner. Though a shot went off towards the wolf the foreigner seemed to had taken the wound its pet/ally bonding off to the river swimming across to land. Later reports say each thug was either subdued or slain an account of twenty-three men and six caliban of the twenty-nine only five were slain from bites or fatal arrow shots.
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2016, 02:49:03 PM »
[Lieutenant Jerome de La Salle can be seen leading a small detachment of Company of the Fox soldiers throughout the district, loudly proclaiming that the Company seeks new recruits eager for a taste of La Glorie, and a chance to serve the Republique.  Looking quite professional in their freshly cleaned uniforms, and respectful with their muskets shouldered and blades sheathed at their sides, the soldiers implore the citoyens of the Ouvrier to join the ranks. The high pay that the Company promises from spoils of campaigns and normal wages is emphasized here whilst they put up flyers for recruitment.]

Pav

• Dark Power
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2016, 07:26:43 PM »
The norm in the Ouvrier has been disturbed by a woman dressed in a manner uncharacteristic to the district, handing out baskets filled with winter-appropriate clothing to those unfortunate enough to have no home. The downtrodden in the streets must have almost forgotten the last time this same woman came around to prepare them for the harsh winter months...

Pav

• Dark Power
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2016, 05:30:16 AM »
A bit over a month has passed, and again came a round of winter clothing to the citizens of the Ouvrier, carried out by the same young woman, this time with company. The two friends made their way through the Ouvrier, handing out baskets to every homeless person, to every family in the upper Ouvrier, and to every family in the Halfling Quarter. As winter is not yet here, it is assumed by many that they will pass again with other such charitable acts before long.

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2016, 08:54:16 PM »
Accompanied by a group of Fox Company soldiers, First Lieutenant Jerome de La Salle, addressed the people of the Ourvrier and Marchand, as well as many other notable citizens and foreigners, this evening. He spoke at length about the supposed Falkovnian threat looming over the Republique, and implored the citizens that action must be taken against the Hawks, if the people of Dementlieu wished to protect their livelihood and liberties. In contrast to other recent public orations, no violence erupted on the streets this night.

Spoiler: show
/// Was informed by DM present that the common folk would have been at the speech, though not represented in game. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 02:08:46 AM by Dumas »

justacat

• New to the Mists
  • 12-20
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2016, 04:17:32 AM »
Word circulates around the commonfolk of l'Ouvrier, of fliers being handed off to some individuals by a burlap-robed figure, inviting them to the muck and dirt of the sewer below, in the markets inhabited by caliban and criminals, to receive healing, and any aid they may wish, be it personal advice or a guarantee of foodstuffs supplied to their homes. This offer is extended to any and all, and should the generous Sisters of Compassion be overburdened - let it be known there is an alternative.

//OOC: Should anyone wish to interact, PM me here on the forums, or simply come down to the Black Market during the evenings EST.

Blight

• Dark Lord
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2016, 06:19:13 AM »
Word around the Ouvrier is that Hugo 'Longshanks' Lambert is looking for a few fellows with a pair of brass bastards above the knees to help him with a job.

OOC:// Feel free to give me a shout on the forums, on discord, or even IG via tells!
Just another lesson from the School of Hard Knocks... PHD!

Delete Me

• Bah humbug
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2016, 08:58:18 PM »
[Redacted- Rollback]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:41:09 PM by Kendera »
Delete Me.

justacat

• New to the Mists
  • 12-20
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2016, 10:40:07 PM »
Word circulates around the commonfolk of l'Ouvrier, of fliers being handed off to some individuals by a burlap-robed figure, inviting them to the muck and dirt of the sewer below, in the markets inhabited by caliban and criminals, to receive healing, and any aid they may wish, be it personal advice or a guarantee of foodstuffs supplied to their homes. This offer is extended to any and all, and should the generous Sisters of Compassion be overburdened - let it be known there is an alternative.

//OOC: Should anyone wish to interact, PM me here on the forums, or simply come down to the Black Market during the evenings EST.

These fliers begin to circulate once more.

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2016, 11:36:10 PM »
The old store of Benoit Books is closed down. The owner has disappeared quickly, moving out in a single morning, with the majority of his stock loaded onto a carriage. The wildest rumour places him and his wife in a (perhaps fatal?) dispute, with members of the Ezrite faith to blame.

Regardless of the veracity of the gossip, his wife has not been seen... though many living on the street struggle to remember the last time they saw the beautiful Marielle Benoit, anyway.

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2016, 10:22:58 PM »
The crack of musketry and pistol fire could be heard, along with shouts of commands and forceful opening of doors from within the abandoned Worker's Lodging and warehouse below. From the uniforms of those involved, seen prepping and debriefing in the street before and afterword, it seems like the Company of the Fox and Nationale Gendarmarie held a joint training exercise this evening... 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:38:07 PM by Dumas »

MercyAndMayhem

• New to the Mists
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2017, 04:16:06 PM »
As with every other night in the Quartier Ouvrier, the criminals take to the streets to find their living. Last night though something strange and terrible occurred; children, the desperate and downtrodden children struggling to make their way in this cold world... were the victims. Two girls, no older than nine were found, completely drained of their blood, a single precise incision on the side of their necks the only mark upon them.

Représentation_Nonpareil

• New to the Mists
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2017, 02:46:46 PM »
The dawn’s rays illuminate a macabre scene, two forms lie lifeless on the cobble-stones of the Quarter Ouvrier.  A pool of sanguine blood encircles the two husks and the viscous liquid seeps into the crevices between the stones.  The bodies were deliberately positioned in a mocking lovers’ embrace, as evidenced by the displacement of the liquid and distinct drag marks. 

The waifish woman, clothed in tattered and blood-soaked rags, is blanched white in complexion save for a savage, crimson tear wound at her neck. Clutched in her lithe hand is a small blade, caked in viscera and blood.    Her lover is horribly disfigured and barely recognizable as human. Remnants of chunks of flesh, ear, and appendages are scattered around the two. Incisions mar the edges of the mouths of both, carved upward into the semblance of a rictus grin.

Within the nimbus of blood, three distinct square-shaped indentations, arranged in the shape of a triangle, are present and accompanied by a series of booted tracks.

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2017, 09:49:03 PM »
[The most recent deaths here and elsewhere in Port-a-Lucine seemed to have caught the attention of none other than the Great Detective, Alanik Ray! He can often be seen wandering the streets of the city's slums, his expression dour as he asks those living there about the grisly murders perpetrated in that side of town, recently. Who can say how long his presence there might be tolerated by the criminals known to dwell in that part of town, though...]

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2017, 04:05:30 PM »
[A number of screeds can be seen posted throughout the Quartier Ouvrier, featuring a number of syntax errors and spelling mistakes. Most simply look at what is posted and move away, shaking their head, while a few seem to look it over with mild amusement, laughing. Whatever message they were trying to spread, it seems to be for the most part ignored, with most paying attention only to the obvious lack of proofreading and the strange comments about men...]

"Common, working women of Dementlieu, mothers and daughters who work in the mills and factories so they're fathers and husband can lay about- we, the Daughters of Jenout, write to you now, in order to inform you about a gross injustise, perpatraited by those who once claimed to be inheritors of the revalushinary spirit, protector of us ordinary folk - I speak, of course, of the Company of the Fox.

Caring more about coin and favor than prinsapal, they accepted a job from the chauvanist Gaston de Seyres, the Vicomte de Clermont. Knowing full well that he employs a debt repayment system, they still took the job and beat into submission proud women who did the right thing in rising up against the paytreearchry.

You may wonder why the women chose rise up against their male opressors- to act violently- the reason is simple my sisters-  They were despereete, they were out of other options. The Company attempt to negosheate- To ask them to surrender what they had fought and bled for. But our sisters will not be swayed by there sweet lies.  Why should the you not try to defend yerself from such barbarism, if put in the same positon.

Silvie Bossquet was a martur, a friend and lover- a heroine that we all women should look up to. Though she was butchered by the soldiers in the Company of the Fox , what she stood for shall not be forgotten- the brithright of sisterhood that all women share. It is her you should look to, not the Company of the Fox who are composed of sycophants, hypocrites, and traitors to the Revolution."

Représentation_Nonpareil

• New to the Mists
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2017, 04:07:44 AM »
A grotesque sight catches the attention of those who dwell in squalor in the Quartier Ouvrier with the cresting of the sun over the horizon at first light.  The emaciated body of a woman lies in a crumpled slump, a preternatural pallor washed over every inch of her exposed skin.  A barbarous laceration mars the side of her neck; a jagged incision encircled in a blossoming of pink around the wound. Her tattered and patchwork clothes, along with bits of flesh, are rife with small tears, as if gnawed at by vermins’ toothy maws.

Surrounding the lifeless feminine figure is a littering of large rats; their stomachs engorged and distended.  Noticeably absent, however, is a significant volume of blood given the savagery of the wound and collection of dead vermin.  Only a splattering of crimson mars the filth-encrusted stones of the street.

As abruptly as the previous grisly murders ceased, whatever villain perpetrated this and the previous atrocities may have returned. Or, perhaps, it is just another dead waif, another impoverished victim claimed by the slums, the wretched obscured in the long-cast shadow of the illustrious City of Lights.

Représentation_Nonpareil

• New to the Mists
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2017, 04:17:45 AM »
[Posters are adhered to the facades of various dilapidated structures around the Quartier Ouvrier, fresh parchment standing in contrast to the various strips of debris that litter the cobblestones. Elegant, looping Mordentish scripting of black ink elicits the attention of all passersby]

The True People of the Republique

All of us have undoubtedly witnessed the extensive littering of propaganda that the mercenary company floods our hallowed streets and lines our domiciles with.  They are rife with pictures, painting the common laborer the fool that would kowtow to imagery rather than the lucidity of common sense and discernment!  We, the true backs of the Republique are not so foolhardy as to fall for their duplicitous attempt to placate us from our decrees of liberty, of acknowledgement! 

Their notices brand those that would fight to uphold their own truths, defiant in the face of insurmountable odds for liberty and justice, as traitors.  They beckon the masses to join in their cause in defense of the noble Republique, deeming all others devious and cowardly.  Yet these are the ones that hide behind banners.  Wretched souls that have pledged their lives to commanders that view them as mere pieces upon a board, an acceptable sacrifice to further the agendas of those that manipulate the sovereignty of our great nation.

In truth, I pity them. 

They are promised the grandiose accoutrements commensurate with dutiful service to a regime that barely acknowledges their existence beyond what they can provide for the gentry’s machinations. In earnest, they will be drained of their life-blood upon the cobblestones of our illustrious city whilst spilling the blood of their own brothers, their own kin.  And they will sacrifice all this for a purpose unknown, hidden beneath the veneer of righteousness and patriotism. 

If I am to bleed, to inflict pain, to offer all that I am in visceral protest, I will pledge only to the cause that I devote myself to in earnest.

I will elevate my fellow laborer, my neighbor, my kin, my family and my friends to a greater stratum than they currently reside.  I will serve the impetus of the people, those that toil endlessly with the currency of a glistening sheen of sweat and the aching of back, rather than the whims of the bluebloods that pander only themselves and their personal agendas.

The decrees of the -FOX-, a notably duplicitous and cunning vermin amidst folklore, entreat you to consider your duty to the Republique, to defend liberty, to have the pride to meet your neighbors gaze should your refuse their beckoning…They say the Republique needs you, but where was this Republique in –OUR-- time of need?  Why must we depend on the care of a foreign dogma, the sisterhood of Hala, to maintain our hospices that tend to our sick?   Why are the patrols of the Gendarmerie noticeably absent from our crime-riddled streets? 

Now they entreat you, brothers and sisters, for support in their war against those of our own.  A mercenary company, refuted consistently by the Duchesse de Beauvais without acknowledgement, and the Gendarmerie that unerringly consider our homes and streets beyond salvaging or viability for security.  Remember the barbarous butchering at the mill, the blood of our own people spilled as lamented by the Daughters of Jenout.  Whilst we huddle in our modest homes at night, hovels in comparison to the lavish and posh interiors afforded to the gentry, nefarious men and women roam the street unchecked. 

The mercenaries and Gendarmerie simply do not value your breath, my fellow man of Port-a-Lucine, until now.

This is the Port-a-Lucine they wish to perpetuate, my kindred.  This is the sovereignty and sanctuary that they afford us.  They will enlist you, if you allow them, maneuver you like cattle to the slaughter. 

Pawns.

And after they have nearly razed the city, turning their weaponry, that resides dormant for now outside our ramparts, on the city and citizens itself, butchered those that stood for their –own—liberty and truth, they will employ -US- to rebuild the shattered husks of buildings and families that their warmongering left in their wake. 

Until we have new representatives, those that will bend ear to the true life-blood of the City of Lights, those that continuously and unerringly devote blood, sweat, and labor to this land -daily-, I will not acquiesce to the mercenaries’ cries for recruitment.  I will fight, assuredly, but for my own reasons and for the amelioration of my kin and family. 

Not the Council. 

Not the Gendarmerie. 

Not the Company of the Fox. 

For the -true- people of the Republique --- For us.  

Rise up!
Our voices will reach a crescendo as they are echoed from every corner -
We will not tolerate this oppression and squalor any longer!

-May Liberty Never Acquiesce-
-Viva la population de la Republique-

Philos

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2017, 06:34:36 AM »
[The trio of diatribes seem to have been removed mere hours after their appearance. In their place, some dozen new pieces of propaganda from the Company of the Fox now line the quarter's walls- the smell of fresh ink apparent on many of them.]

The True People of the Republique

All of us have undoubtedly witnessed the extensive littering of propaganda that the mercenary company floods our hallowed streets and lines our domiciles with.  They are rife with pictures, painting the common laborer the fool that would kowtow to imagery rather than the lucidity of common sense and discernment!  We, the true backs of the Republique are not so foolhardy as to fall for their duplicitous attempt to placate us from our decrees of liberty, of acknowledgement! 

Their notices brand those that would fight to uphold their own truths, defiant in the face of insurmountable odds for liberty and justice, as traitors.  They beckon the masses to join in their cause in defense of the noble Republique, deeming all others devious and cowardly.  Yet these are the ones that hide behind banners.  Wretched souls that have pledged their lives to commanders that view them as mere pieces upon a board, an acceptable sacrifice to further the agendas of those that manipulate the sovereignty of our great nation.

In truth, I pity them. 

They are promised the grandiose accoutrements commensurate with dutiful service to a regime that barely acknowledges their existence beyond what they can provide for the gentry’s machinations. In earnest, they will be drained of their life-blood upon the cobblestones of our illustrious city whilst spilling the blood of their own brothers, their own kin.  And they will sacrifice all this for a purpose unknown, hidden beneath the veneer of righteousness and patriotism. 

If I am to bleed, to inflict pain, to offer all that I am in visceral protest, I will pledge only to the cause that I devote myself to in earnest.

I will elevate my fellow laborer, my neighbor, my kin, my family and my friends to a greater stratum than they currently reside.  I will serve the impetus of the people, those that toil endlessly with the currency of a glistening sheen of sweat and the aching of back, rather than the whims of the bluebloods that pander only themselves and their personal agendas.

The decrees of the -FOX-, a notably duplicitous and cunning vermin amidst folklore, entreat you to consider your duty to the Republique, to defend liberty, to have the pride to meet your neighbors gaze should your refuse their beckoning…They say the Republique needs you, but where was this Republique in –OUR-- time of need?  Why must we depend on the care of a foreign dogma, the sisterhood of Hala, to maintain our hospices that tend to our sick?   Why are the patrols of the Gendarmerie noticeably absent from our crime-riddled streets? 

Now they entreat you, brothers and sisters, for support in their war against those of our own.  A mercenary company, refuted consistently by the Duchesse de Beauvais without acknowledgement, and the Gendarmerie that unerringly consider our homes and streets beyond salvaging or viability for security.  Remember the barbarous butchering at the mill, the blood of our own people spilled as lamented by the Daughters of Jenout.  Whilst we huddle in our modest homes at night, hovels in comparison to the lavish and posh interiors afforded to the gentry, nefarious men and women roam the street unchecked. 

The mercenaries and Gendarmerie simply do not value your breath, my fellow man of Port-a-Lucine, until now.

This is the Port-a-Lucine they wish to perpetuate, my kindred.  This is the sovereignty and sanctuary that they afford us.  They will enlist you, if you allow them, maneuver you like cattle to the slaughter. 

Pawns.

And after they have nearly razed the city, turning their weaponry, that resides dormant for now outside our ramparts, on the city and citizens itself, butchered those that stood for their –own—liberty and truth, they will employ -US- to rebuild the shattered husks of buildings and families that their warmongering left in their wake. 

Until we have new representatives, those that will bend ear to the true life-blood of the City of Lights, those that continuously and unerringly devote blood, sweat, and labor to this land -daily-, I will not acquiesce to the mercenaries’ cries for recruitment.  I will fight, assuredly, but for my own reasons and for the amelioration of my kin and family. 

Not the Council. 

Not the Gendarmerie. 

Not the Company of the Fox. 

For the -true- people of the Republique --- For us.  

Rise up!
Our voices will reach a crescendo as they are echoed from every corner -
We will not tolerate this oppression and squalor any longer!

[/quote]

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2017, 04:19:35 AM »
[Posters are adhered to the facades of various decripit structures around the Quartier Ouvrier, parchment adorned directly adjacent to the littering of the Company of the Fox recruitment letters plastered over the previous notices. Elegant, looping Mordentish scripting fills the postings.]

True People of the Republique

How quickly our penned lamentations and decrees for justice and liberty are callously torn down!

Those that wish to entice you with feigned promises of glory, attempting to elicit a sense of duty within you, foolishly believing they can lead you astray from the truth meant to silence you.  They believe we are unbefitting of choice, unworthy of a voice, and suitable only for fodder in their schemes.  Know that their removal of our words only means that we have strummed the most mellifluous chords, a resonant beckoning of liberty and emancipation that has reached their attention!

Already word spreads of the violence and bloodshed that spills forth from of our countrymen.  One of our own flesh, kin, claimed merely as a collateral and acceptable loss for being in the vicinity of the warmongers vying for monuments which our backs erect, our hands shape and form.  They serve only to inflate their own hubris and the medium of which they utilize for their merciless ends is the blood, sweat, and labor of our kindred on -OUR- cobblestone streets.

Though they intend to deprive you of the choice, evidenced by their removal of our written decrees, they do not hold such power of you.  We are the lifeblood of the city, the spirit that invigorates the streets, the crucial and imperative mechanisms that allow it to function and proliferate.  I implore my fellow men to manifest their own destiny, empowered by their conscious decision, snatch up that which we deserve, that which we are entitled to from our years of service. 

Do not be the impartial casualty of the booted heel, acrid stench of gunpowder, or keen piercing spear of barricade.  You are imbued with the decision to remain a spectator in our demise, or worse, continuous subjugation and oppression --OR--  to rise up and be the arbiter of our shared prosperous future.

Seize what you yearn for your kin and yourself... FOR THE REPUBLIQUE! 

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2017, 02:58:26 AM »
[Propaganda posters are plastered about the Quartier Ouvrier, each depicting a painted image of a multi-headed beast. Each neck spouts a head that is a mocking visage of a supporter of the Covenant forces. Attacking this monster, are two soldiers, one in Gendarmerie colors, and another, in the uniform of the Company of the Fox. A mob of citizens stand with pikes, scythes, and muskets, in support of the soldiers.]

« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:28:15 AM by Dumas »

Phantasia

• Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2017, 09:29:49 PM »
Early in the morning, two Gendarmerie officers are seen leading a stark red-haired man without shirt through the lower district. One bid him to place his hands up against a ruined wall, and the other drew his truncheon. The punishment soon to follow drew a light crowd, which near its conclusion, they started to throw rotten fruit at the man, having been revealed as the one to let a fire in the Tenements occur some small while back. The outburst was short lived, and the people ushered on after the spectacle's conclusion.
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2017, 09:58:50 PM »
By the morning's end, a tall, red haired man, was seen being carried away by a small woman with a wide belly. They huddled in the rain on the edges of the Ouvrier until the crowds dispersed, and then were seen going their separate ways. The man looked worse for wear, and was seen later stumbling out of Dementlieu with a limp. Leaving a small amount of blood on the cobble to be washed away by the coastal rains.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

derkotushka

• Chaotic Evil
  • Undead Master
  • No, you are not special.
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2018, 06:18:15 PM »
[Notes was left on enter of each hospice of Hala.]

Teaching to herbalism art for free.
Knowldge about healing herbs and potions.
For more inquiring minds - teaching to make complex and strong healing and restorative potions.
All lessons for free if one have true desire to help others and learn that art.

Left contacts and notes in:
Quartier Marchand,Les Presses du Savoir
to Medea Frafu
С любовью, безымянная звезда.

Salty_Soykaf

• Outlander
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2018, 11:16:50 PM »
A sight to be seen occurred in the slums, starting in the afternoon and late into the night. Two Falkovnians wandered the streets, seemingly cleaning the place up. One dressed as a member of the Fox Company was ordering the other around. The other man seemed disgruntled but still did a fine job, if not in vain, attempt to make the streets clean. Those who bore witness, first hand,  couldn't be sure if it was a theatrical improve grove, or the real deal of what they saw before them due to them speaking Falkovnian the entire time.