Author Topic: Dementlieu Feedback  (Read 175828 times)

failed.bard

Dementlieu Feedback
« on: March 18, 2009, 02:21:11 AM »
Visually very nice, I haven't seen any abberant AI behaviour, and all of the transitions I've found so far have directed properly.

Just minor things that I've noticed so far:

La Biblioteque Ombragee - He sells the old style, non-usable quills.

Nobles - They have no money.  You get a message to the effect of "The target has no money or items" on a successful PP attempt.

That's it for now.  Well, besides all that pesky french everywhere. :D

failed.bard

Re: Dementlieu Feedback
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 02:32:32 AM »
Dyes - Is the pricing correct on them here?  It's considerably different in price from Barovia, to the point I feel bad buying them.

Edit:  Ragdar's appears to have the correct pricing on metal dyes now, but there's an errant dialogue note on his dye store convo.
      Laura's dye store convo was pulled completely.  (I assume it's being reworked, though, so it's not selling for 1 fang a pot.)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 11:15:11 AM by failed.bard »

failed.bard

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 03:21:35 AM »
  The bruisers, stalkers, thieving skanks, etc., don't spawn out at dawn.  It's light at 6, the spawn changes at 7.

failed.bard

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 06:04:34 AM »
  Handing in food tickets to the government agent, the tickets are taken, but no food is received.  It was the one in the center of the Quartier Ouvrier she turned them into, but the scripts are probably the same for all of them.

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 11:45:04 AM »
One thing I noticed (or failed to notice) was any NPC you could bring a body to to have it raised, unless the healers in the hospices do that?
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 03:41:07 PM »
Should be in the Ezra cathedral

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 03:59:19 PM »
I'm not sure if the Ezrite npc in the Port-a-Luce is scripted to raise the dead.  They usually have their noses stuck in a book  :mrgreen:.  The hospices of Hala are more inclined to pay attention to the plight and suffering of folks.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 05:01:20 PM »
I'm not sure if the Ezrite npc in the Port-a-Luce is scripted to raise the dead.  They usually have their noses stuck in a book  :mrgreen:.  The hospices of Hala are more inclined to pay attention to the plight and suffering of folks.

I'll check the NPC's, but they should all be setup to raise. Ezrites in Dementlieu don't refuse their aid when people go to them, but they won't be out there attracting people.

arrmuth

• Undead Master
  • Honor is everything.
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 01:36:57 AM »
Do we need to have an IC reason to go there to give feedback or is it to be done OOC.
Strahd sealed his borders cause he knew it was taking away from his tourist business. ;)

Shadowthrone

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 09:17:56 AM »
Port-á-Lucine - Quartier Publique - Governor's Hotel - Penthouse

Door doesn't unlock for people trying to get out, so you get locked in if you don't have the key.

Edit: Relogging works to unlock the door, presumably if you are the only person in the area it resets when you log in/out.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:55:29 AM by Shadowthrone »

Delphinidae

• Phasing in and out of PoTM
  • Dark Power
  • My poor wererats get no love.
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 09:57:02 AM »
The Great Library's shelves all have the same copy of a single book.

Ongoing Plots
Legacy of Blood
The Eye of the McGraths

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 02:49:38 PM »
Curious as to how long before pcs can access the area without DM assistance.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 04:12:15 PM »
Curious as to how long before pcs can access the area without DM assistance.

Pretty soon. I'm working for a faction base atm in Dementlieu.

Lockleed

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 03:04:13 AM »
Some of the lower level street transitions between the Quartier Marchand and the Quartier Ouvrier cross over, so that regardless of which one you take, you wind up at a different transit entry in comparison to the previous area.

failed.bard

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 04:50:24 AM »
The Great Library's shelves all have the same copy of a single book.

That's a loot table issue.  All book shelves everywhere have one of two books on them.

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 11:34:50 PM »
Croissant Bleu Npc (Antoine Gauthier) hires a room for 100 solars, but actually doesn't give a key. And I was stupid enough to try to buy it twice :) Is that to be posted as a bug or is it okay here?
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 11:39:42 AM »
Should be in the Ezra cathedral

Well Ezrites only help their own, doesn't they?  :)

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 12:10:14 PM »
Croissant Bleu Npc (Antoine Gauthier) hires a room for 100 solars, but actually doesn't give a key. And I was stupid enough to try to buy it twice :) Is that to be posted as a bug or is it okay here?

That should be fixed in the next update.

-Rotten Fish-

• Dark Lord
  • "Getting Down With The Sickness..."
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 04:00:32 PM »
i like the human encounters at night, thats what ive been asking for for a yr :D thank you.
Beriszló Józsa - Gundarakite Commoner
Emanuel Lupescu - Cursed Barovian...
Hastian Vandel - "And The Dead Shall Walk..."
Konrad Kruschev - R.I.P

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 07:27:21 PM »
Like caliban and thieves at night. Could use a dungeon there or something, though. :) (or if there is one, I didn't see it.)

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 07:36:20 PM »
Like caliban and thieves at night. Could use a dungeon there or something, though. :) (or if there is one, I didn't see it.)

There is and you didn't see it. ;)

We'll add sewers beneath Dementlieu as well and I'll eventually add another dungeon.

Kilaana

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 07:59:01 AM »
The Governor's Hotel - once you buy a key and enter your room, you immediately "lose" your key once you get inside. This was very confusing in contrast to the Lady's Rest where you only lost the key after exiting a room and the door shuts itself for you and locks.

Unuldor accidentally shut the door in my face when I was standing outside, and I couldn't get in again, had to buy another key for 200 solars  :( Is it supposed to work like this?

The bathroom in the hotel - if you set the vertical coordinates of the bathtub placeable slightly lower into the ground (-0.05 or something), the IC player can then move "inside" the bathtub and RP having a bath. I remember the Lady's Rest bathtub was walkable, but the Hotel's is not. What do you think?

The Hotel's corridors seem a bit too dark. I can barely locate the stairs unless I look at the map, but technically ICly speaking, a hotel would ensure its guests can see where they're going ;) Some more light along the corridors would be great.

Also a minor suggestion on aesthetics...Vallaki is sometimes called the "grey city", but I actually felt Port-a-Lucine was greyer than that in someparts. I figured, a place which encourages the proliferation of art and culture, should have a little more greenery, even in the Quartre Merchand and elsewhere.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 08:58:37 AM by Kilaana »
Sig by Blacky Rose

"She is dangerous; What will you do? ....I will make her my queen."

mayvind

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 04:13:16 AM »
The apartment room with 200 solars a month, dont give free rest like normal resting area is this intentional or a bug ?

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2009, 04:42:30 AM »

There is and you didn't see it. ;)

We'll add sewers beneath Dementlieu as well and I'll eventually add another dungeon.

Darnit! Now I have to go back! Is the Vistani fixed?

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 08:06:26 PM »
I know Port-A-Lucine is a port town along the coast but could the wind noise be lessened? Currently throughout the entire city it sounds like a Gale is blowing, or a sandstorm, or Blizzard, etc.  
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."