Author Topic: Systems Wishlist  (Read 286801 times)

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
Re: Systems Wishlist
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 11:09:21 PM »
Id prefer to see crossbows and bows with more properties than mighty since the arrow/bolt itself has no effect, silver arrows? worthless.

Seriously, +1 vs lawful? Useless.  Only use for shadow wood and the bow it creates, is to gain CXP, i hate worthless things.

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Ric

• <Insert pwnage innuendo>
  • Dark Power
  • The writer that keeps going ... And going ...
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2009, 12:50:17 AM »
A silver bow that hurts shape-changers would be cool, since "Silver ammo" doesn't do much justice if the ranged weapon isn't silver.  The fact that the only real way to get damage-dealing bows for PvM requires getting rare bows (IE the Sniper Bow or Hawke's Bow) is a bit annoying, considering the fact that we have melee weaposn that hurt the majority of the creatures (Shapechangers, Outsiders, and Undead), but not really anything but anti-Undead for ranged users.  I suppose in the end it would have been more considerate to ranged users if we had devil horns give +2 vs outisder, and perhaps some sort of anti-shape-changer (like what I said in my first statement).

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009, 02:10:55 AM »
Some more +1 AB bows and crossbows would be nice. Bow users really get the shaft here.

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2009, 05:32:39 AM »
Some more +1 AB bows and crossbows would be nice. Bow users really get the shaft here.
Especially bow-using sorc/rogue scouts named Jak Katmahl.

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

Badbelly

• Undead Slayer
  • RP imposter
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2009, 12:40:20 PM »

We could use some more variety of bows, but i think they should be bows that are crafted by PC's rather then found in loot drops.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2009, 03:59:40 PM »
Id prefer to see crossbows and bows with more properties than mighty since the arrow/bolt itself has no effect, silver arrows? worthless.

Seriously, +1 vs lawful? Useless.  Only use for shadow wood and the bow it creates, is to gain CXP, i hate worthless things.

That's what I thought when I got mine, but I've been continually surprised by how many things are lawful.  I'd even go as far as saying that more than half of the DR creatures I've shot with it have been damaged by it...  Undead, devils, werecreatures, elemental things...

Badbelly

• Undead Slayer
  • RP imposter
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2009, 06:53:03 PM »

That's what I thought when I got mine, but I've been continually surprised by how many things are lawful.  I'd even go as far as saying that more than half of the DR creatures I've shot with it have been damaged by it...  Undead, devils, werecreatures, elemental things...

Agree with you there, all the bows in game are very useful. Could use more crossbows though and like Nef said, it would be nice to add different things to bows other than just mighty.

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2009, 07:52:49 PM »

Additions to current crafting such as leather items like belts, boots and gloves for tanners.  More variety among existing weapons and to consider bringing highest end 'master craftsman' items to a level comparable with some of the better quality looted items such as the suggestion on bows.  With the possibility of components that might require a group effort to gather and  master craftsmen to turn those materials into things of greater worth than what's present now, it could be an alternative method to acquire items other than dungeoning.  I'm sure the crafters could give a lot of excellent suggestions for possible items.  It would encourage and reward rp and ic group efforts but wouldn't detract from or hinder current methods in place now. 

Also, would love to see the much anticipated and talked about enchanting system for the same reasons.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

failed.bard

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2009, 08:01:15 PM »
  I'd like to see spell recovery for the non-spontaneously casting types removed from the normal rest sequence.
  Preferrably, wizards and assassins (yes, assassins are supposed to need a spell book) should have a spell book token they have to use to get their spells back after resting.  Divine casters would have a token (holy symbol) for their particular gods, which could only be used to recover spells during the times their gods actually alow them to pray and receive spells.

This would also allow for the tokens to be removed from a jailed character, especially in the case of book based casters, since the guards wouldn't let them keep their spell book in custody anyways.

Psyche

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2009, 07:17:32 PM »
I'd like to see PC-made Holy Water - the Bless spell being workable on some sort of 'water flask' item to produce the holy water canisters... or maybe a specific new holy-water effect item marked stolen/no value to avoid a gold-farming exploit.

Also maybe an 'Unholy water' effect for evil clerics - working on good outsiders maybe?

Smitehammer

• Undead Slayer
  • Frohe Weihnachten
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2009, 09:25:54 PM »
Now that we have a new lagless server, is there any possibility of horses?  That gnome has been taunting me for ages!
Wouldn't the world be better off if we took nonsense more seriously?

Aldabreck Stone Helm

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2009, 05:31:09 PM »
I do not think Horses would be necessary. But a carriage That goes to and from the village to the city would be nice.

• Dark Power
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 01:53:31 AM »
I would love to see horses and carriage rides

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!”

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 10:38:47 AM »
I would like to know the status of alchemy?

Also a system for cooking would be neat I think nothing to boost stats or anything or skills or whatever but for sheer rp devlopment

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 05:20:45 PM »

Also a system for cooking would be neat I think nothing to boost stats or anything or skills or whatever but for sheer rp devlopment

Well I made a topic about the cooking system, in my case I mentioned about boosts of status and such, but apparently nobody gave any interest on it, since there are no replies so far, but I'd still agree if a cooking system could be implemented just to enhance Role Play...

Anyway I've never seem horses in NWN, I'd like to see them on the server, although it doesn't fit veeery well with the setting.

*thumbs up* for: Cooking, Alchemy, Horses(Carriages)

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2009, 05:49:50 PM »

Well I made a topic about the cooking system, in my case I mentioned about boosts of status and such, but apparently nobody gave any interest on it, since there are no replies so far, but I'd still agree if a cooking system could be implemented just to enhance Role Play...

Anyway I've never seem horses in NWN, I'd like to see them on the server, although it doesn't fit veeery well with the setting.

*thumbs up* for: Cooking, Alchemy, Horses(Carriages)

:D I must have missed that cooking post heh personally I dont see the point of stat boossting less it didnt come into play till the VERY highest cooking end [shrugs] either way cooking system would be interestnig to creatre a sort of master apprentice type of stuff like we got now with some of the other systems

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2009, 05:55:02 PM »

Wouldn't alchemy be a bit too similiar to herbalism? I may be missing a point. Cooking could be interesting.

A wizard scry feature would be pretty cool - a wizard casts a certain spell, uses a pool of water/whatever, spends some reagents, then picks a player from the player list and information is fed back IC (e.g. what area they're in).

The person scryed would get a message stating: "You feel as if you are being watched by unknown means..." or some such.

Although this idea might not comply with the whole low magic Ravenloft atmosphere.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:59:36 PM by AcidZealot »

boompowclash

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2009, 07:47:02 PM »
Will save to notice you're being scry-ed upon...

Some wizard spells from pen and paper are certainly missing, such as Alter Self.

Another idea that has come into my head, is a Fall Script.  Running on narrow ledges etc could prompt a fall?  Perhaps it could be based on dexterity.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2009, 09:18:43 PM »
Perhaps a system for Necromancers to use the Create undead spell on PC bodies, allowing a fallen PC to be of some use other than as firewood, food or paperweight?

Upon being raised as a Zombie the PC would be just that, mindless, no weapons (would have been dropped on death, of course), no magic (possibly taking a leaf from the exhaustion system? reduced speed and 100% spell failure?), but all the benifits of death, immunities and the like.

I'm mainly thinking of this for the horror value of having ones loved ones or friends dissapear, only to return as a shambling corpse intent on devouring your brains. Would you be strong enough in yourself to put down your zombie husband or wife with a shovel?

This would also add more RP concequences to death instead of the standard wander around as a ghost/ wait to be ressed/ summon OOC help because the evil witch is bored and decided just to abandon the corpse. This would also allow an otherwise good PC to play a monster for a little while, albeit a limited one.

The PC would be curable with the standard Raise dead or Reserection spells. Thoughts?

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2009, 09:44:08 PM »
Perhaps a system for Necromancers to use the Create undead spell on PC bodies, allowing a fallen PC to be of some use other than as firewood, food or paperweight?
Upon being raised as a Zombie the PC would be just that, mindless, no weapons (would have been dropped on death, of course), no magic (possibly taking a leaf from the exhaustion system? reduced speed and 100% spell failure?), but all the benifits of death, immunities and the like.
I'm mainly thinking of this for the horror value of having ones loved ones or friends dissapear, only to return as a shambling corpse intent on devouring your brains. Would you be strong enough in yourself to put down your zombie husband or wife with a shovel?
This would also add more RP concequences to death instead of the standard wander around as a ghost/ wait to be ressed/ summon OOC help because the evil witch is bored and decided just to abandon the corpse. This would also allow an otherwise good PC to play a monster for a little while, albeit a limited one.
The PC would be curable with the standard Raise dead or Reserection spells. Thoughts?

I like the idea. Although I'd restrict it to those that have an evil alignment/spell focus: necromancy/spell school necro. Possibly calling for a dark power check if a DM is around as well. *Shrugs*

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2009, 09:52:36 PM »

I like the idea. Although I'd restrict it to those that have an evil alignment/spell focus: necromancy/spell school necro. Possibly calling for a dark power check if a DM is around as well. *Shrugs*

Agreed  :twisted:

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2009, 11:32:13 PM »

Who says a DM needs to be on?  Screenshot (probably snapped by someone other than the necromancer), pass it on to the next DM who logs on.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2009, 07:36:27 AM »

Agreed  :twisted:

Rethinking my position slightly, I'd like this to be available to all chars who get the create undead spell, but if someone has foci in necro, is ncro school or has the death domain they might get enhancements. I think it would be easier to script it that way, but I'm by no means an expert on scripting.

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2009, 03:30:45 PM »
It would be really useful for a "@description add" command that would allow you to append text to your description without overwriting everything the same way the "@write add" does for letters.
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2009, 06:33:37 PM »
thumbs up for "@drescription_add"