Author Topic: Catalyst 9.1 Problem  (Read 3520 times)

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Catalyst 9.1 Problem
« on: February 08, 2009, 07:25:55 PM »
Hi, recently I updated my video card drivers to the latest avaible, and guess what, NWN's multiplayer menus and in-game lightning is all screwd, probably is a driver issue, only happens in NWN, and started after I updated it. I'll post a SS here, I'll also seek help in other forums...   I believe that if I go back to my old drivers it'll more likely disappear, but... I like to keep everything on the very latest :D

By the way, the graphics on the screenshot are set to the lowest, and I did try the game on Best and Fast, everything max, everything low, same sh!t in both cases.

Did any of you have this kind of trouble before?

shadymerchant

• Dark Power
  • Legendary Pimp Cat (Circa 1876)
Re: Catalyst 9.1 Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 02:39:46 PM »
That's pretty strange, but I can't say I have. You could always try reinstalling the drivers, nwn, or the cep.

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 09:19:23 PM »
That's pretty strange, but I can't say I have. You could always try reinstalling the drivers, nwn, or the cep.

Very...*sighs* very... troublesome... my NWN folder has more than 12GB of stuff, thousands of portraits, custom stuff, hak packs, CEP, so much, impossible, just can't even think about re-installing NWN and having to search and download some of it again, but on the other hand... perhaps I should reinstall my drivers...

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 09:27:15 PM »
 It can be your refresh rate, or you antialiasing as well. Try messing with those.

Also can you give me your video card, processor, and driver you just updated too?

~ Chris
Current Characters:
- Horatiu Milosovici (Barovian)
- Garbhan Macduff (Forlon)

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 11:16:37 AM »
If you just look at the picture you can tell that he doesn't have anti aliasing on...

Khuzadrepa

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 02:06:15 PM »
Very...*sighs* very... troublesome... my NWN folder has more than 12GB of stuff, thousands of portraits, custom stuff, hak packs, CEP, so much, impossible, just can't even think about re-installing NWN and having to search and download some of it again, but on the other hand... perhaps I should reinstall my drivers...

You don't have to redownload any of this.  You can just make a copy of your hak, module, tlk, etc folders and then copy/cut and paste stuff back in after you reinstall.  You also might want to consider clearing some of the stuff you aren't currently using and storing it elsewhere.
aka Warreck Banevich
Dogma of the Morninglord: "Justice comes to all evildoers eventually, not by man's laws, but by your hand and the tortuous paths of fate."

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 03:39:16 PM »
Yeah, I know I could had backed it up if needed, but that idea didn't came in mind when I was posting, lol at me.
About the anti-aliasing, I had everything on minimum for the screenshot, I did mention that I tested it in Max Quality and Minimum settings, the problem persisted in all cases...

Well anyways, I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled the old ones, the problem has been solved. I'll await for a further driver release, because this release isn't working very well with NWN, or just my NWN...

Thank y'all.

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 03:51:04 PM »
By the way, my screen colors still are corrupted, I don't remember if I also posted this problem here, but... I'll eventually post elsewhere a apologize for all players whose PC characters had a small relationship with my character Alexander, since I'm avoiding playing Neverwinter and some other games because the image just...looks dirty, without the blue pallete.

Khuzadrepa

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 06:09:01 PM »
By the way, my screen colors still are corrupted, I don't remember if I also posted this problem here, but... I'll eventually post elsewhere a apologize for all players whose PC characters had a small relationship with my character Alexander, since I'm avoiding playing Neverwinter and some other games because the image just...looks dirty, without the blue pallete.
You are missing colors?  I had this problem, it was a bad monitor cable in my case.  You might want to check it.
aka Warreck Banevich
Dogma of the Morninglord: "Justice comes to all evildoers eventually, not by man's laws, but by your hand and the tortuous paths of fate."

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 06:42:08 PM »
You are missing colors?  I had this problem, it was a bad monitor cable in my case.  You might want to check it.

Thought about that, but I really don't know, my screen is almost 5 years old, I can try and check it, but I don't know, rare times it works fine, but most of it, no blue tone to me, kind of sucks, really, this problem kept me away from the server, altogether with the catalyst 9.1 light corruption in NWN, now catalyst 9.2 has been released, and the problem was fixed I guess, anyway, you conviced me, I'll check the.......wait, I think my cable is not easily removed, I even tried to move it around and see if the corruption was fixed, but no, I don't know what to do, prolly will have to buy a new one.... And I'm coming back to NWN.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:44:56 PM by LostSoul »