Author Topic: Barovia - Mt. Baratak - Northern Tower  (Read 3943 times)

Ellana Twiggy

Barovia - Mt. Baratak - Northern Tower
« on: August 27, 2008, 06:36:23 AM »
*pinned to the bulliten in the tower is a note in dragonic and magus*

The time is drawning near. . .there have been many assaults against good people. . those I count as my breathren and my friends. The guards of valliki even go as far as to assault and now plan to murder those who run the church out side thier city, making an example of those that would help are not welcomed. I say that it is time an example be made of them. . that it is time that a stand is made and that we show them why they fear us and our power and that they be reminded to keep in their place and leave those who would only do good alone lest they risk the reprocussions of that which they cannot handle. I would like to hear others thoughts and words. . .if you would wish to join me in protecting the innocent. .and to help stop the corrupt  then stand forth and let me know.

~Flare

(oocly// gah, have been having iissues of late with atlantias nic i guess, must be thinking about ya kez :p sorry for that mix up. Will go eat some brain food or something)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 01:13:09 AM by Ellana Twiggy »

kezzalord

• New to the Mists
Re: Barovia - Mt. Baratak - Northern Tower
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 07:43:43 AM »
*the above note is taken down and replaced with another*

I will not tolerate people twisting what I'm trying to achieve and underwriting it with my own name.
While it is true that I have come to detest the guards of Vallaki but acting against them, or the Bariovian people for the sake of being defiant goes in the face of ANY attempt to earn respect for our kind.

Whoever wrote it, do not misrepresent me again.

~Sparks

// ooc: Please disregard this post I made earlier. In hindsight, Rose can't currently travel to the mage tower because of the children she's looking after, so there's no way for her to see the note above or reply to it
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 08:03:02 AM by kezzalord »
Rell.
Lilly Feyglow.
Rose/Sparks ("Narell").

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 08:30:15 AM »
<Draconic>
The Morninglord Cult defied the guard. They will get what they deserve.
The Vallaki Guard acted rashly. They got what they deserved.
If you plan on stirring the hornets nest into a frenzy against our kind, please let us know beforehand.
Some of us may want to leave the country before the Barovian Army destroys us all.

- Warbird

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 04:37:50 AM »
*written in flowing script*
Wizard seeking mentor.
 ~~ Zarion Krell

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 09:43:39 AM »
The Mage Sanctuary hidden away on the side of Mount Baratak has seen more visitors lately. A few young men typically dressed in robes and oversized hoods have been seen coming and going up to the Mt. Baratak tower more often in the last couple of weeks, their Balok accents revealing them to be no outlanders, although they never seem to stay very long and usually depart again as soon as they conclude their business there or when the weather allows it.

They occasionally bring some supplies, letters or news from the nearest villages with them. And every time these robed and hooded figures visit they seem to repeat the same kind of questions, whether there have been any new faces around lately or if there have been people inquiring about them. While there is rarely any mention of a specific reason for asking, most mages that reside in the tower are aware of these occasional visitors and seem to know what they speak of.

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 02:32:44 PM »
Two men briefly took shelter at the Mount Baratak Tower, arriving there shortly after the unnatural blizzard had swept over Vallaki. One was another figure in robes, the other his warrior companion. They were apparently heading up to the peak of the mountain, where the ice witch is supposed to dwell, in an attempt to find the truth behind these supernatural snow storms that were tormenting the local populace.

But after half a day had passed they descended past the tower once more, it appears they did not find the answers they were searching for. Or perhaps the weather up the mountain simply took a turn for the worse again before they had a chance to.

julienchab

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 11:53:01 AM »
Rumors talk about mages trying themselves at one another on the third floor of the Tower. Dangerous duels going on...

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 04:10:29 PM »
[The Darkonese halfling Balbina Ismene wanders about the tower, between research into spellcasting and alchemy, or with her head buried in a book as she sits in the Arboretum.]

emptyanima

• Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 12:27:47 PM »
[A neatly-penned plea has been displayed on the pillar in the entrance hall of the tower;]

Spoiler: Text • show
I seek the aid of an arcanist with knowledge of the highest circle. Please know that my task is a dangerous one, one that deals with those elements of the arcane that are best left alone. Please know that I would not put another at risk unless it was absolutely necessary, which is why I seek aid now.

I can be found in this place, which I have chosen not only for its welcoming of respectful arcanists, but also because it is a place of neutrality and sanctuary. I pen this notice knowing that I do so at risk to myself, and this is a risk I strive to mitigate, not only for myself but for any who would aid me.

I know that I cannot ask such a thing without offering payment; please state your reasonable terms when we meet. You shall know me when you see me.

Ever faithfully,

A Troubled Student of the Arcane

emptyanima

• Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 07:04:12 PM »
[The missive is refreshed...]

eddymakaveli

• New to the Mists
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 02:01:30 AM »
An interesting duo has been spotted in the back room of the Mage's Tower. A drunken drow arcanist with an oddly obedient spider familiar in tow, spend hours at a time working on various alchemical reagents. Several discarded bottles of whiskey and Barovian wine, with a pungent smell of resin and booze leaking through the backroom door.

Vastgoten

• Red Academy Faculty
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2022, 02:42:51 PM »
An elderly looking man in swirling grey robes, a pointy hat and white beard is seen frequenting the tower often as of late. He spends most of his time in the small study, but also earning a heavy breath as he walks the stairs up and down seeking advice and insights of the few inhabitants of the cold tower…

A visitor with a keen eye could spot the spine on the books he often leaves un-shelved for a period of time, as related to fiends and other less pleasent topics of infernal nature…