Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Bug Reports

Stuck Creatures/Pathing Errors

(1/8) > >>

Soren / Zarathustra217:
Creatures getting stuck behind placeables or unwalkable parts of tiles not only pose a problem because they don't pose much of a challenge - much worse is it that they tend to have significant impact on lag and general pathfinding too. So, use this topic to post all the places you've noticed creatures or NPCs frequently getting stuck. If you can provide screenshots to help nail down the exactly location - all the better.

Thank you in advance :)

ethinos:
Down in the Burial grounds, the spawns sometimes get stuck behind the placeable debris and partial buildings a lot. Lots of stuff down there that may need a bit of tidying up.

Rex:
Orphanage.  The bigger animal undead can get stuck, meanwhile the cheating whore ninja trained Hips Spamming Gremishka Undead don't ever seem to get stuck, though I'm sure if they did we wouldn't know because they would just HiPs.

Mostly though, it's the cows that get stuck, Terrains bad down there anyway........cleaning up a few of the rocks would help a lot.

Ochre Jellies in the Random Cave on the way to the Dwarf Mines, while not getting Stuck, DO tend to spawn by the hundreds, and they are not fast enough to catach the hasted troll form casters, so they all Pile up on the Transition.  Insta Lag Death there, and it explodes exponentially on the first hit when they all split.

Dwarf Mines.  Rust Monsters get stuck on the corner in the two rooms they spawn in, Grey Oozes if Laggy, will pile up in their nook and not react at all to you.  Spreading them out spawn location wise would solve issue easily.

~Rex

ethinos:
I believe Soren has fixed the Orphanage once before. Have you went down there recently?

Also, with the Burial Grounds you can snipe from up top the entrance stairs because the critters can't find a path up the stairs.

In the thouls cave, in the main room with the gate, the thouls can never bash or pick the lock open. Some thouls have ranged weapons, and spells, but most will simply amble up the fence and becoming unwilling pincushions. The downside for fixing this though, is that the spawns can be huge and overwhelming sometimes.

Rex:

--- Quote from: ethinos on August 22, 2008, 04:53:52 PM ---I believe Soren has fixed the Orphanage once before. Have you went down there recently?

Also, with the Burial Grounds you can snipe from up top the entrance stairs because the critters can't find a path up the stairs.

In the thouls cave, in the main room with the gate, the thouls can never bash or pick the lock open. Some thouls have ranged weapons, and spells, but most will simply amble up the fence and becoming unwilling pincushions. The downside for fixing this though, is that the spawns can be huge and overwhelming sometimes.

--- End quote ---

Yeah that gates an issue in the Thouls.  Just a big shooting gallery but sometimes the Witchlords Fight back and fireball the snot out of the Archer playing shooting gallery.  As for the Orphanage, yeah fairly recently but still 2 updates back at least.

Burial grounds is cool, I hate the stuck critters not finding the stairs, as much as I despise yet another "common" monster down there, that my fighter can't Hit due to DR and no gear issues.  Still those stairs provide a huge kill them all advantage, and the DR protected critters are the only ones that will actually find out how to get up the stairs.

~Rex

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version